Toulon to Aix by bus (Varlib)

flgirl543

I've read through most of the threads on Toulon and would like advise on the bus to Aix. I am having difficulty figuring out the schedule on the Varlib site since everything is in French. It looks like the #19 bus, but other than that I'm lost! If anyone can tell me the times of departure from Toulon and return from Aix and how often it runs that would be great. Also, how long a trip is it? We'll be there in the beginning of October. Thank you in advance for your help.

We thought we would try and help so pulled-up the schedule. You are correct that the #19 bus makes the trip but the schedule does not look helpful for summer cruises in the Med. The problem is that there are very few buses (this is typical for intercity buses in France) and there are no return buses (back to Toulon) in the afternoon from after 12:20until you get to 5 pm. This would not get you back to Toulon until 6:15 and that assumes there is no delay. We have spent more then our share of time in France and find that, in many cases, the best way to get around is to rent a car. Trains are great between the major cities and along the Cote d'Azur...but within Provence a car becomes a necessity except for some decent train connections in and out of Marseille (doesnt help you here).

Hank

We thought we would try and help so pulled-up the schedule. You are correct that the #19 bus makes the trip but the schedule does not look helpful for summer cruises in the Med. The problem is that there are very few buses (this is typical for intercity buses in France) and there are no return buses (back to Toulon) in the afternoon from after 12:20until you get to 5 pm. This would not get you back to Toulon until 6:15 and that assumes there is no delay. We have spent more then our share of time in France and find that, in many cases, the best way to get around is to rent a car. Trains are great between the major cities and along the Cote d'Azur...but within Provence a car becomes a necessity except for some decent train connections in and out of Marseille (doesnt help you here).

Hank

Thank you for your help. I was able to access a schedule and it only showed until August which doesn't help with planning for October. Also, the 5 pm would definitely be cutting it to close. Since I won't be doing the driving, renting a car isn't an option. Maybe, we should consider a location closer to Toulon, Cassis perhaps.

Archived