OMG!!!!! Guess who is on board!!!!!!!

Merion_Mom

Are they as handsome in person? I am so jealous. Every time I watch that special I think, "Wouldn't it be awesome if they were actually on the ship right now?"

Me, too! It would be great if they just happened to be on the same sailing that I was....so, how do they look? We got the part about shorter hair. More details, please! And pics?

FOURTH.

(I think that they are stalking me. :D) ;)

I deeply and sincerely apologize.

This was my FIFTH.

And it was a great performance, of course. Or, performances. I went to both. They were "B2B". ;)

And Letty and Susan got a pick that Matthew threw into the audience, and gave it to me!!!!!!

After the performance, they always greet the fans in the lobby outside the theatre.

They greeted me by name! WOOHOO!

Pics to follow - but of course they look like all of my other pics of My Boys. ;)

Please how much longer can these guys milk their fathers somewhat mixed career. Of course some experienced cruisers might still enjoy them digging up the past, but there must be other artists out there, that can relate to a bigger audience. I have seen them on more than one occassion and sure they are reasonably entertaining, but as ships have now dropped the 60's night in favour of a 70's one, it must be time to drop this regurgitated 50's act. Just my humble opinion.

Considering the other "headliners" I have seen on RCI were The Platters, The Coasters, and The Drifters, the Nelson brothers (Nelson) are quite young.

Other than the one guy (who didn't sing or dance, barely walked) the Platters were younger, very talented singers, but only recently ordained as a "Platter" I suspect the same for Coasters and Drifters.

"The Happenings" (I've got Rythem)had an original lead singer Bob Miranda that was still very good.

Please how much longer can these guys milk their fathers somewhat mixed career. Of course some experienced cruisers might still enjoy them digging up the past, but there must be other artists out there, that can relate to a bigger audience. I have seen them on more than one occassion and sure they are reasonably entertaining, but as ships have now dropped the 60's night in favour of a 70's one, it must be time to drop this regurgitated 50's act. Just my humble opinion.

No offense to the 'boys' but I really hope that on the Allure Inaugural we get a new (newish :rolleyes:) Headliner.

I wonder Dave...is it because we are Brits that we aren't overly impressed or dancing on the promenade, because the Nelsons are onboard :confused:

Actually I remember asking someone on Oasis Inaugural "who are the Nelsons?" as I hadn't heard of them. They may be nice 'boys' but hearing they were going to perform onboard wouldn't encourage me to go to the show.

I'll take 50 and 60's night any time... 70's night gives the CD and staff a chance to dress up like the village people... Sing YMCA once and I've had more disco than I care for.

Have not seen the Nelsons, but I've heard they are talented enough to do the music well, and close enough to the era through their father to be able to add a personal comment or attachment to it.

BTW, with all the relatives mentioned, have we left out David?:D

Have not seen the Nelsons, but I've heard they are talented enough to do the music well, and close enough to the era through their father to be able to add a personal comment or attachment to it.

Are they doing their father's work on top of their own? :confused:

I have not seen Nelson recently, but my memory of them is a late 80's/early 90's hair band. One of their most popular songs was After The Rain.

Are they doing their father's work on top of their own? :confused:

I have not seen Nelson recently, but my memory of them is a late 80's/early 90's hair band. One of their most popular songs was After The Rain.

They've also gotten into country-rock. They combine their greatest hits, some up-dates of their dad's stuff & some original country-rock (the mix depends on the audience & occasion).

No way!!! I was absolutely CRAZY about them back when I was 14! LOL! It was the first concert I ever went to and I made my way up front and counted the times they looked at me and then when Gunner gave me a high five I thought I'd faint. HA! I don't even know if I would recognize them now because I doubt they still have their gorgeous long hair. too funny!

Maybe they will go on the Oasis in a few weeks.

I booked the Oasis the day the bookings opened in August 2008.

My friends begged me to come with them on the Mariner.

It just happened to work out.

Here's an insider tip:

Royal Caribbean really *does* consider this a back-to-back - they paid for my hotel in L.A. and transfers to the pier on Sunday. I'll have a new thread about THAT (horrid) experience when I get home.

:)

Interesting! I'm glad it all worked out for you. I don't know how you did it though, I would of been exhusted!!!! :eek:

Can't wait to hear about "THAT" expereince! :D

I love them too! We missed them by ONE WEEK on our Oasis cruise last April..... :(

I just took a look at their schedule...they will be performing in the UK on 10/31/10, so there is a slight chance they could be on our next cruise, which is a TA on Navigator, boarding in Italy on 10/23!!!!! I am ALMOST as excited as Meriom-Mom :)

Archived