Jet Ski Excurstion

Joanns6569

We booked through Island Marketing, and it does stingray city, rum point and maybe some other secluded beaches. We don't cruise until November so can't give a review but we booked through them cuz we aren't interested in snorkeling but also they will refund our deposit if we don't make port for some reason or if they cancel the excursion. Some operators don't offer that option.

Others that offer waverunner tours: ebanks water sports, fat fish adventures and action watersports.

Hope this helps!

Talli

We booked with Ebanks watersports for the waverunner snorkel/stingrays excursion in Nov.

It will be out first time using them. Tried to book with Fat Fish Adventures but it was already full for the day we will be there. So they recomended Ebanks watersports to us.

• 5 months later...

Strongly disagree with ebanks. He said he could take me last Tuesday, and waited until our 12:30 departure time to tell me he thought it would be too close and I "may" miss the last tender. I asked why he'd agreed to run the tour last week when I booked and why a 2 1/2 hour tour that leaves at 12:30 wouldn't make a 4PM departure, even with a 3:15 last tender.

I asked if we skipped the snorkeling and came straight back when we'd get back. He said 3:15 again.

I asked how with snorkeling and without the return time was still 3:15.

He then claims to call the assistant harbor master and assures me that they will hold the last tender for us if we are late. By now, his credibility is low, as he is claiming getting back at 3:15 with and without snorkeling.

I ask whether he will pay for our airplane tickets to Cozumel if we miss the last tender, as he is saying he is confident we will get the last tender.

He said,"No, I can't do that."

Either you are holding the last tender or you are not.

My two kids and I had just put their Mom, Grandmother and little sister on a boat to go see Stingray City 50 minutes before this. We could have easily gone with them, as there was still room on the boat.

It would have been easy enough for him to email back 2 weeks ago that it might be tight. No, he waits until all options are gone to say I might miss the tender.

So, no stingrays for two older kids and me, which was the one excursion I was really looking forward to this cruise.

Please don't book with this guy if he is treating fellow cruise critic members this way.

I had the ship I was on listed in the initial email, and it departs at the same time every week. Ebanks, don't commit to something that will infuriate the customer!

Fat fish was my first choice, but they were full. Go with action watersports if FF is full. FF recommended ebanks, and I will be calling them this week to let them know how I was treated.

Make sure you are talking about the same Ebanks please by listing the actual company name in full...it's a really common last name, and there are likely numerous operators who have an Ebanks on staff... :D

Make sure you are talking about the same Ebanks please by listing the actual company name in full...it's a really common last name, and there are likely numerous operators who have an Ebanks on staff... :D

It was ebankswatersports.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back and we had booked with Jet Ski Fishing and Safaris, based on a previous posting on this site. I was very happy with the excursion. There were small craft warnings the day we were there. Gordon gave us the choice to have jet sking and snorkeling on the 7 mile beach side of the island at a reduced rate or we could have our deposit back. We choose to do the jet sking and had a great time. I would book with them again if I returned to G C.

We jet skied on the 7 mile side of the island because it was too rough to go to the sting ray spot. The snorkeling was OK, we did 2 spots, one was a small reef with a good amount of small fish by it, someone even saw a sting ray. The other spot was a ship wreak near shore which was fairly interesting.

Archived