Small Issue I had on my cruise - and the positive way it was handled

hftmrock

For the record...

I did say and will state again, NCL made a mistake. They are to blame. no one else.

The difference here and one of the reasons why I posted is that they took ownership of the mistake. They did not blame me, or blame other things or tell me to go to another area or lie to me. I have read some posts where mistakes happen and the people were lied to or misled or even blamed themselves and I wanted to show that NCL will take ownership and work on resolving the problem. Maybe if I raised a stink and asked to speak to the manager or threatened them I would have gotten more than what I got. But I was not looking for that nor did I believe that I deserved so much more for my 'troubles'.

Its really interesting to see how others view this. I was not looking to show I was an easygoing pax, I was not trying to show that NCL is not to blame. I was just sharing a situation that happened to me last week that was resolved (IMO) to my satisfaction. I have read where mistakes happen and its not resolved to anyones satifaction. Those posts are more prevelant because many people will be quick to announce faults and vent but rarely will post when things go wrong and they get them resolved in a manner that is ok.

I'm glad it wasn't planned for a honeymoon or special anniversary.

Kudos to you!!! You deserve a blue ribbon for taking the high road.:)2301.jpg

You certainly DO deserve that blue ribbon!! The crew must love having you onboard--I should like to sail with you myself !! I agree that there were a LOT of mistakes on this order--if Hotel Director Hugo had known about this, I do not think you would have been charged for ANY of it--and would still have received the strawberries !! But I see you would not have complained. Sad that the complainers get all the perks !!

Archived