Summit -- Wonderful -- Best Cruise Ever

charlielinda

I'm putting together a review but just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back from my April 5 11-day Summit cruise and it was the best cruise ever. Best ship, best service, best new friends . . . A+. We've already booked the 10-day in October on the Summit.

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001

Galaxy -- May 2002

Zuiderdam -- September 2003

CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT -- APRIL 5, 2004

You did the same thing we did. We were on 11 day on 3/15 and booked the 10 day next 3/11. Seems Summit is a very popular ship!

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

BasketLady..... Glad to hear you had a swell time! I'm sailing the Summit in June...so I'm anxious to read your review!

Now....go unpack those suitcases!!! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, were there any craft opportunities on the Summit?

Thanks.

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Tell us more about the Summit! We just booked a 12 day Alaskan cruise/landtour for June 2005.

Our first Celebrity cruise.

Stretch

Barcrawlers, is there anywhere they won't go?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

I was on the ten day ending 4/5 and reported the crew "firing on all cylinders"; I enjoyed it more than the 11 day ultimate on Summit over new years 02-03 but only for the crew - OK maybe the ports - but the central america then aruba GC is s fine mix too. Crew is everything - they're hummin'...

Hi BasketLady - I'm also on the October 15th 10 night sailing of the Summit with JuliePaule. Julie already found us on the Roll Call board, so head on over and say 'hello'. We sailed on the Summit at Christmas for the 11 night and loved it so much we booked the 10 night. Can't wait to read your review

Debbie

P.S. Hi Rosie!

Basketlady,

Glad you had a wonderful trip and that all went well for you.

Yanceycruiser

Dreamward 1/95

Norway 1/97

Grandeur of the Seas 1/99

Grand Princess 2/01

Carnival Pride 2/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until the Infinity on

August 22, 2004

Stretch -- we were on Summit for 11 days in March to the Western Caribbean and it was wonderful. That was our second cruise on her and we have already booked the Southern Caribbean on her next March. As you can see, we are having a hard time getting off her!!

She is a lovely ship, and the crew must be the best of the fleet in my opinion (after six cruises). You will have an absolutly fabulous time. We thought the food was excellent, certainly better than anything I get at home. And there are so many choices!!! The french fries are to die for and the ice cream isn't bad either!! Be sure and try the specialty restaurant, the Normandy. It costs an extra $25/per person but it is worth every dime.

Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions you have.

Hi

Was on the 11 day Summit with Basketlady and I have to concur it was a great cruise. For everyone's information the speciality restaurant is now 30 dollars per person but still worth the price. Also don't miss the spa cuisine I think it was some of the best on the ship and had lunch there almost every day. I have booked early seating dinners because I don't eat a lot at breakfast or lunch so by around 6:00 I am hungry but the thought of eating pizza, hamburgers etc to "tide" me over until late dinner was never appealing as that would constitue a heavy meal. The next time I take the Summit I will probably book late seating and if hungry I have the lighter and tastier fare at the Spa or a quick Sushi Snack leaving plenty or room to try what they have on their dinner menus

Hi Basketlady

Was on the same cruise with you, in fact, sat at your dinner table with Lance the waiter who was wonderful.

I have to agree, the Summit was wonderful, met so many wonderful people, thoroughly enjoy the cruise. In fact, one of the best & I will definitely sail the Summit again. Say 'hi' to your hubby for me.

Archived