embarkation in San Juan

cruisinleelee

The website says they start boarding the ship at 2pm for an 11pm sailing. Any chance this is earlier than listed?

What time does the last group leave the ship at the end of the cruise? Can you carry off your own luggage or must it end up in the sea of suitcases?

Thanks for your help!

For our two RC cruises out of SJ, 10 PM sailings, we showed up at the Pan Am cruise terminal at around 11am and were onboard by noon. For our Regal Princess cruise, 10PM sailing, out of the same port we there at 11am but weren't able to board until around 1pm but that was because there was a problem with the ship clearing US customs and immigration thus the disembarkation had been delayed. The cruiseline won't let you on until the ship is cleared and all of the previous cruise paxs are off.

Most cruises leave late out of SJ because most paxs have to fly in for the cruise and this provides extra time to do so the day of the cruise. Typically itinaries from here call in the USVI or St. Martin as the first port of call which a shot sail away or take a sail day to get to the ABC islands which easily allows for a late departure.

The website says they start boarding the ship at 2pm for an 11pm sailing. Any chance this is earlier than listed?

What time does the last group leave the ship at the end of the cruise? Can you carry off your own luggage or must it end up in the sea of suitcases?

Thanks for your help!

Yes boarding starts around Noon.

if I have a late flight- what is the latest we can leave the ship. Can i still carry off luggage even if I don't want to be in the first group off?

How far in advance do you recommend arriving at the airport. We have a 2:30 flight at the end of the President's week holiday.

Around 9:30am is the last call; I think everyone is off by 10am (assuming a non-delayed disembarkation process). I don't know about the luggage but don't see why you couldn't carry it off late, as there wouldn't be that many people you'd be getting in the way of. But why bother if you're going to be last off? -- it'll be pretty easy at that point to spot your luggage once the vast majority have already swarmed off and collected theirs. Even disembarking in a group in the middle of the process, I've never taken more than a minute or two to locate my luggage -- Princess does a good job of sorting them by the colour group in which you disembark, so it's not like you're looking through 3,000 other pieces to find yours. Of course, if you're one of the 500 million travelers who own black luggage, that might slow things down just a little . . .!

Were I you, I'd go straight to the airport once you disembark. SJU is notorious for long, slow lines through customs and security. Better to be early and relax than rushing and frantic!

Archived