Exchanging Money

We will be flying into Vancouver next week and I was just wondering if we had to exchange our money from US dollars to Canadian? I have read conflicting information that US dollars can be used for the the taxi from the airport to the hotel. We figured we can just use a credit card for purchases while we are at Canadian ports. Any advice would be appreciated?!? Thanks!

We will be flying into Vancouver next week and I was just wondering if we had to exchange our money from US dollars to Canadian? I have read conflicting information that US dollars can be used for the the taxi from the airport to the hotel. We figured we can just use a credit card for purchases while we are at Canadian ports. Any advice would be appreciated?!? Thanks!

US Dollars are widely accepted in Vancouver; taxis, hotels, restaurants all will take them; although the exchange rate you get may not be as good as your bank, or your credit card.

That being said, some things don't take US Dollars and you have to use your credit card, such as the ticket machines for transit. Which by the way is the cheapest and fastest way from from the airport to downtown -- Skytrain all the way from YVR to Waterfront Station.; 3 blocks from the cruise terminal.

For money exchange in Vancouver, we usually go here http://www.vbce.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=about_us.Branch_Information

Their rates are usually better than the banks. You could certainly pay the taxi with your credit card, or ask him to stop at granville branch location as it's on the way downtown. There is also a branch downtown on Pender.

Archived