Bar Credit Coupons

I am a little confused about the savings when you buy the drink coupons in advance. In looking at them on the Carnival website each coupon says "Good for 1 drink not exceeding $5.25 gratuities included". Can someone clarify? I must be misunderstanding somehow:p

I am a little confused about the savings when you buy the drink coupons in advance. In looking at them on the Carnival website each coupon says "Good for 1 drink not exceeding $5.25 gratuities included". Can someone clarify? I must be misunderstanding somehow:p

There is NO cost savings nor was there ever expected to be a cost saving.

Bon Voyage dept are for "gifts". If a family member wanted to buy you a "gift", they could go on line and buy you some drink coupons. Just like the picture coupons. They don't save you any money.

However, how do they save me money in a way?

I purchase the coupons for myself. I have in affect "Pre-Paid" some of my on board expenses. Order a drink,, hand over a coupon. The price of the drink never hits my S&S card unless the drink is more expensive than the face value of the coupon. Then they charge my S&S card the remaining balance.

It means you can exchange them for one drink, and that drink must not exceed the price of $5.25, including gratuities (which will be 15%). Is that what you were asking?

I had read on another thread that even though they say $5.25 on the coupon that they're actually allowing you $5.75, thus saving you 50 cents per drink. The same thread said that sometimes depending on the bartender, some wont charge you the difference when you get a drink thats more expensive but...I wasnt looking to cheat, I was just wondering if the coupons did actually save you money by buying them in advance.

I suppose 50 cents on what I understand now are $8-10 drinks probably isnt much to worry about ;)

Archived