Cozumel Excursions Decision

Singer4Him

We will be aboard the Carnival Triumph in just a few days and have not yet finalized our excursions. Our ports of call will be Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel. We've looked at the Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel Combo thru Carnival and have also considered Cozumel Amazing Race also thru Carnival. We have also considered spending the day at Paradise Beach. We have two teens; a boy and a girl, so whatever we decide, we want something that would be of interest to them.

Has anyone done either of the two excursions that I've mentioned and, if so, what are your thoughts/tips?

Also, I realize that there are zip lines in both Belize & Roatan. Would we be better off to do that there and something else in Cozumel?

Actually, our original plan had been to rent a jeep and ride around the island like my husband and I did a couple of years ago. However, we've been hearing that tourists are being warned not to drive in Mexico because if they are involved in a wreck, the driver could more than likely land in jail. Can anyone offer any additional info with regard to this?

Thanks!

The zip lines in Roatan and Belize will be more of what many picture to be a "real zip line", from tree to tree, above a canopy of trees as opposed one from a man-made tower to tower. My cousins did the zipline and cave tubing with her teens in Belize and they loved it (did it privately, Nacho and Cythnia. You can google their names). Also, in my opinion, Belize has very little to offer teens other than this option.

We have done Paradise Beach in Cozumel with teens (13 and 16) and they liked it. We also did Chankanaab park in Cozumel and did the Discover Scuba offered there with our teens and they thought this was the greatest thing ever. My oldest teen, 16, didn't really want to do the inflatables at Paradise Beach so he just hung out on the beach, which suited him.

The zip lines in Roatan and Belize will be more of what many picture to be a "real zip line", from tree to tree, above a canopy of trees as opposed one from a man-made tower to tower. My cousins did the zipline and cave tubing with her teens in Belize and they loved it (did it privately, Nacho and Cythnia. You can google their names). Also, in my opinion, Belize has very little to offer teens other than this option.

We have done Paradise Beach in Cozumel with teens (13 and 16) and they liked it. We also did Chankanaab park in Cozumel and did the Discover Scuba offered there with our teens and they thought this was the greatest thing ever. My oldest teen, 16, didn't really want to do the inflatables at Paradise Beach so he just hung out on the beach, which suited him.

We just returned from many of the same ports, in Belize we did the zip line through Bodden tours and we loved it. In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocom which was an all inclusive no water slides like Paradise Beach.

We have done these ports several times. If I had kids, this would be the plan.

Grab a cab and head for Chankanaab Park on Cozumel.

Belize cavetubing is a must do. Especially with kids.

Roatan has some awesome ziplines and Tabyana Beach is pretty neat snorkeling.

We have done these ports several times. If I had kids, this would be the plan.

Grab a cab and head for Chankanaab Park on Cozumel.

Belize cavetubing is a must do. Especially with kids.

Roatan has some awesome ziplines and Tabyana Beach is pretty neat snorkeling.

I haven't been to the ziplines in Roatan but I agree with the other two options. I would have to say that those two were my kids favorites.

Archived