Ocho Rios - QQ about Dunns River Falls

ScottandSarah

My wife and I are cruising there in a couple of weeks and I wondered if it was possible to just go see the falls rather then actually climb them. Are their any pathways around or up the side(s) of the falls?

We don't mind paying for admittance to the area but we'd rather not experience the climbing part.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Mickey. Really appreciate the quick reply. This helps alot. I assume we can just show up at the falls without booking a ship tour or private guide?

Just make sure you use a JUTA cab and agree to the price before getting in. JUTA are regulated and you can arrange for him to wait or return to pick you up. The stairs along the falls will be fine for what you are looking to do. Have fun!

If you want to maybe try climbing just part of the falls, there are a few exits along the way where you can duck out. I know because my daughter and I did it. We don't swim and we had to go into waist deep water where I know I felt like I was going to lose my footing and it made me nervous, and the water was rushing too fast for my daughter, so I saw the exit and told my husband "see ya!". We walked along the walkway for the rest of the way taking pictures and then met up with him at the locker once he was done.

as a matter of fact you don't need to climb anything to get pictures that look like you did!

Just use the stairs and duck in/out at those mid way exits....you can go either way, in or out .. no one cares. Take pictures in one of the pools

this is a midpoint stop

drf9.jpg

and this is actually the exit at the top of the 'tourist park area'

drf2.jpg

Archived