How far from ships to some of the flower carts in Barcelona?

chucknmarilyn

There are flower stalls on Las Ramblas, in about the middle area. You may also like a visit to the Boqueria market there, which is fun to look at, and you can buy fresh cut fruit, chocolate, fresh squeezed juices, and other goodies, and eye the famous Jamon hanging in the places that sell meat.

I like the pottery shop on C/ Escullders for a wide selection of Spanish pottery, it is off Las Ramblas.

You will be at the 'bottom' of Las Ramblas once you leave the cruise ship dock. It will be marked by a tall column which is the Columbus (Colon) Monument. You can go into the bottom of the column and take a small elevator to the top for beautiful views up Las Ramblas, towards Montjuic Hill and you will be able to see La Sagrada Familia in the distance.

I do agree that it will be especially hectic when Pope Benedict is there to consecrate SF, but I imagine much of that crowd will be closer to that area.

Take care of pickpockets especially in the Las Ramblas area- they know when the cruise shippers are in town. Wear a cross-body purse, hold the zipper, don't stand around gaping at a map on the street, avoid backpacks. It is not unsafe at all, but there is no need to make yourself a target.

Archived