What paperwork do I need to take to the pier?

You will hear stories of people who were asked for it, as well as people who were not asked for it. As for what you did or didn't have to bring in the past, remember that a lot has changed since 9/11/01. In the end, if your friend has her marriage license, why not just bring it? Much less stressful than worrying about what might or might not happen if she doesn't.

GREAT advice!

I was there and witnessed it. In fact, I saw several couples that day who were being denied boarding because of not having their marriage license with them. (No passports)

You might as well be telling that to the nearest wall to you. ;) it will listen much better, believe me.

Been there done that.

You might as well be telling that to the nearest wall to you. ;) it will listen much better, believe me.

Been there done that.

You mean this? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274670

I know...some people just won't listen to good advice. If I can save a few people the hassle of almost being denied boarding without a marriage certificate, it was worth posting. Sure, it's best to have a passport, but on certain cruises you can just use your DL, BC & Marriage certificate. It's easy to bring along. If the agent doesn't ask for it, OK...if they ask for it GREAT! You'll be getting on that ship for a fabulous vacation, not sitting at the pier while the ship sails away without you.

Thanks, I will advise them to bring the MC as well.However, I do think cruiselines should put that on their list of required documents. How many people's BC name does not match their DL name? A lot!

Since I have a passport I have never worried about this. However, on this cruise I don't want to leave my friends behind!

Archived