Can we have dinner from the dining room menu delivered to our cabin?

SheSailsSeaShells

I always thought ensuite meant that the bathroom was inside the stateroom.

In French, literally, it means in the suite (chambre is the word for room in French). I was taught this "many moons ago" in French Class.

Here is an example from the web:

... Breakfast served en-suite the day after your wedding ... they will be served breakfast in the dining room, and the bride & groom may choose to join them ...

Source: http://www.10fitch.com/finger-lakes-ny-wedding-location.htm

When did that change? When I sailed the Star in 2004 and the Sun in 2005 they would deliver anything from the MDR during dinner hours. Since then we have only sailed in Suites so I did not notice the change. Too bad, since that room service menu for the regular cabins is pretty dreary, at least it was back then!

During dinner hours you can order anything from the MDR menu through room service. It's fun!:)

This is not true for most cruisers.

However, you can go to the MDR, sit down, place your order, and when it comes, take it back to your room to eat it. But what would be the point, you are already at a nice table with a wait staff to attend you.

Would you rather be in a tiny cabin laying on the bed, watching TV with your plate in your lap? Does not sound too fun to me.

When did that change? When I sailed the Star in 2004 and the Sun in 2005 they would deliver anything from the MDR during dinner hours. Since then we have only sailed in Suites so I did not notice the change. Too bad, since that room service menu for the regular cabins is pretty dreary, at least it was back then!

Well, sometime after 2005.;):)

The room service for regular cabins is just as dreary now.

...Would you rather be in a tiny cabin laying on the bed, watching TV with your plate in your lap? Does not sound too fun to me.

Sometimes, we prefer sitting in the room, watching the ocean go by, or watch tv by ourselves. But, if we do that, we go by the buffet and get a nice variety of food that suits our fancy, not a set dinner from the MDR.

Sometimes, we prefer sitting in the room, watching the ocean go by, or watch tv by ourselves. But, if we do that, we go by the buffet and get a nice variety of food that suits our fancy, not a set dinner from the MDR.

DD and I agree. I'm just getting over a nasty case of pneumonia, so I'm looking forward to haviing dinner delivered to us by the butler most nights, just to be able to rest up for going ashore during the days. Aloneness is not always a bad thing.

DD and I agree. I'm just getting over a nasty case of pneumonia, so I'm looking forward to haviing dinner delivered to us by the butler most nights, just to be able to rest up for going ashore during the days. Aloneness is not always a bad thing.

Just ask Greta Garbo.:D

1oei94f0v17ri741.jpg "I vant to be alone".

I didn't think that NCL had ever allowed 'cheapie' cabins to order from MDR.

I know that the Sun did not have that in 2006 when we sailed her through the Panama Canal.

The room service menu is still 'pretty dreary'. At least it was on the Jewel when we were aboard.

Is the dreary menu on the Spirit also? Sometimes Mom is too tired to go to MDR and on HAL we enjoyed ordering from the MDR menu. What items are on the room service menu?

NCL room service menu for all NCL ships:

ROOM SERVICE MENU

Breakfast served from 6:30 - 10:00 am

Juices

Orange

Tomato

Grapefruit

Cold Cereals

Raisin Bran

Corn Flakes

Rice Krispies

Bran Flakes

Fruit Loops

Fruits

Seasonal Melon

Fruit Compote

Sliced Fresh Fruit

Yogurts

Plain

Blueberry

Strawberry

Peach

Mixed Fruit

Freshly Baked Bread

Cinnamon Rolls

Fruit Danish

Blueberry Muffin

Bran Muffin

Croissant

Chocolate Croissant

Preserves & Condiments

Orange Marmalade

Grape Jam

Strawerry Jam

Honey

Beverages

Coffee

Decaffeinated Coffee

Tea

Hot Chocolate

Milk

Low Fat Milk

All Day Menu

Hearty Chicken Soup

Chicken Caesar Salad

Greek Salad

Fruit Plate

Three Egg Omelet

Pizza delivered 24/7

All pizzas are handmade, classic 16" oven baked

Cheese, Vegetarian and Pepperoni

Assorted Sandwiches

BLT

Turkey on whole grain hoagie

Grilled Tuna Melt

Angus Burger

All Beef Hot Dog

(served with chips, coleslaw and kosher pickle)

Dessert

NY Cheesecake

Strawberry pound Cake

Chocolate Cake

For the kids

Mini beef hot dog

chicken fingers with BBQ sauce

Grilled Cheese sandwich

Macaroni and Cheese

PBJ

(served with carrot sticks, apple sauce or potato chips)

Choice of: Cookies, brownies, jello or ice cream..

BG

What do most of you tip when a meal is delivered to your cabin? On land we tip a standard 20% (or higher) in restaurants, but I always wonder about tipping for cabin service.

If we're just getting coffe and/or juice we only tip $1. But if we're getting more breakfast or meal, then we tip more since the tray is heavier.

Archived