Poesia - Transatlantic - Fall 2010

Satincruz

Thanks for the update :) I was thinking that Bermuda seemed to have really gotten built-up around the port ...

So, did you guys have to completely skip your Bermuda stop?

At least Boston is a very nice substitute! Will you get to stay in port there for 3 full days now?

Enjoy ;)

How has this ship been as far as food? shows? rooms? Any comments you have would be appreciated.

I would like to know also for those of you on board. I think Boston would have been a better stop - just my opinion because I would like to go there.

I tried to book this cruise for next year - it is booked out!!!! Will just have to wait for the next one.

Rosie

Hi all :D....sorry, I'm not onboard 'Poesia' but my step-daughter and her husband is.

Yes, they missed Bermuda altogether and have nearly three days in Boston. They absolutely adore Boston and they love the people there :)

I can't answer any of your questions but I'm sure they will when they get home.

They are at sea tomorrow before docking in New York :)

I'm not on the ship either, but I was in Boston for the day and when we went to the North End (Italian section of the city) for lunch I noticed that it was packed with people - much more crowded than a nice Sunday afternoon should be. Mike's Pastry shop had a line of people going down the sidewalk just waiting to get in the door.

Then I saw the news last night and it made sense.

Well here we are in wonderful NYC after a our TA on Poesia. Yes we did get diverted to Boston which was a wonderful surprise & we had 2 great days in this memorable city. Our opinion of MSC & Poesia is pretty favorable & did not find any huge discrepancies from other cruiselines we have been on. Meals were on the whole good, bar prices average, beds very comfy, staff were great without being over the top, embarkation was tedious, disembarkation smooth. Saying this, there were lots of grumblers about anything you could think of & some you probably wouldn't, but we have struck this on all cruiselines. YES!!!! there was water by the glass at every meal without having to ask & tea & coffee were available after dinner in MDR if you requested.

Will write more of a review when we return to Australia as there is so much more to see in NYC & then onto Hawaii for some R & R for a couple of days.

Thanks to all those on these boards for the great info & answers to questions prior to this trip as it wasd unvaluable.

Archived