RCCL - Explorer to Bermuda with Toddler?

captpatty

I am searching for a cruise out of the NY/NJ area in 2011 from April-OCt? Not sure when we are going to go yet.. 2 adults/1 toddler 18mos - 2 by next fall.

Any one suggest the RCCL Explorer of the Seas 5 day to Bermuda? I was looking at April early since easter is late this year..and cabin suggestions? My last cruise was NCL Jewel in the penthouse suite because we got an upgrade it was a huge room and we were spoiled by conceirge...but NCL only does the same trip again to Bahamas ... again.. how many times can you go there? Does any know if a Balcony is room is large enough for 3? Activities with Toddler under 2? And, can you use the pool and whats teh story with the My time dining? NCL is very relaxed but there is NOTHING to do with a toddler... it's kind of borning!

:D

They have a "mommy and me" type session for about 45 minutes in the mornings where the kids play with Fisher Price toys. Other than that, not much, although you can get in-room sitting on an "as available" basis. While non-potty trained kids are not permitted in the pools, early April will be too cold anyway. I've been to Bermuda in early April and the warmest it got was about 70 - but, if sunny, it should be fine to use the beaches (I remember getting one heck of a sunburn). If the weather there isn't great, a trip to the aquarium/zoo will be fun for the toddler.

The balcony room should be fine for the three of you, but a JS would be best, especially since it has a bathtub. If you want MTD, you must sign up for that in advance. Then, you go to eat whenever you like (although I understand that reservations are the best way to go, especially if you want to eat at a popular time). If you go this route, you must prepay gratuities and you can't switch back and forth between traditional and MTD.

I'll get back to you. I'm taking that exact cruise with my 2.5-year-old on October 23. We reserved two adjoining rooms since I have two other kids, as well. But even though my daughter sleeps in a bed at home, we're getting a pack-and-play crib for her to sleep in. But, apparently the pack-and-play will fit in the standard-sized room. I'm not sure, you might need to keep the two beds separated to make room for the crib, though, in case that makes a difference.

I'll get back to you. I'm taking that exact cruise with my 2.5-year-old on October 23. We reserved two adjoining rooms since I have two other kids, as well. But even though my daughter sleeps in a bed at home, we're getting a pack-and-play crib for her to sleep in. But, apparently the pack-and-play will fit in the standard-sized room. I'm not sure, you might need to keep the two beds separated to make room for the crib, though, in case that makes a difference.

Um sorry but I don't think your daughter will fit into the pack n play

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000NPe-yhNL98X8hFbc1GKJsEw:12hdhu93n?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=321&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

I was shocked at the limits. My 4 month old is already too tall for it.

We had an E1 balcony in July. It was small. It was ok for us but our son is 11. He is small for his age and has autism. He usually climbs into bed with us anyway, so we told the cabin steward not to pull the pullman down and he would just sleep with us. There was plenty of room in the bed. There would be no room in there for a pack and play though.

Yes! I had been reading for a while with no intention of actually joining, but then wanted to ask "a" question. Now I'm here reading/posting every day, lol. :p

Did you join up and select your User Name based on this one cruise? ;)

What are you going to do if you ever decide to cruise somewhere besides Bermuda!?

Theron

Thanks for the dimensions! Sofia is still in the lower 20-lb range even though she's 2.5. I figure she'll be so tired, she'll sleep anywhere! But what's the other option? Do they have cots? Since we have adjoining inside rooms the couch that's typically standard is replaced with a chair to make room for the door, so it's not like I could put a kid on the couch. :confused:

Archived