Aqua Class vs Concierge Class

lv2cruz80

No! You will not get the extra point for CC or AQ if you don't pay for the upgrade. Having a huge dispute with X about this now; I paid for an upgrade and they won't give me the correct credit, said I have to PROVE I paid for it, back in 2008!!!

You could possibly get an incorrect credit but I would not count it.

Yes! We got an extra credit because we PAID for Concierge Class in the first place, not because we got a free upgrade to Aqua Class...I never said we got an extra credit for that :D

Ah! That makes sense. In my continuing saga with my Captain's Club credits, several people mentioned that they got a credit for an unpaid upgrade but many more said they didn't. As with everything X-related, inconsistency is the only constant.

On my last plea to them, it said I would receive an email response within 48 hours. It has now been two weeks with no word. . I just hate to see someone get caught up in the same mess I am in.

Yes! We got an extra credit because we PAID for Concierge Class in the first place, not because we got a free upgrade to Aqua Class...I never said we got an extra credit for that :D

I think they were actually responding to me as I asked the question on if you would or not.

What about if you pay to upgrade to CC or AQ?

Yes, if you pay for the upgrade, you certainly should get the extra point. I would advise checking as soon as you return to be sure it's correct and not leave it for 3 years as I did!!

And yes, it WAS your original post that I was responding to!!

Edited by CathyCruises

I have always enjoyed meeting new people at dinner. In Blu can you be seated with other cruisers?

2 cruises AQ on Solstice.Blu is a (comparitively) small venue. Most of the tables are for 2 or 4. That being said on Solstice the tables were closer to each other. Its easy to say good evening to other Pax on either side of you & start a conversation. Breakfast is a great

for meeting people.

You will have a wonderful time

Carole

Hi would someone explain why these cresits or points are soo important? I must have missed the info on them. thankyou

You rec a certain amt of points/credits following your cruise. At various levels the points result in discounts on laundry, internet, wine etc.

Carole

2 cruises AQ on Solstice.Blu is a (comparitively) small venue. Most of the tables are for 2 or 4. That being said on Solstice the tables were closer to each other. Its easy to say good evening to other Pax on either side of you & start a conversation. Breakfast is a great

for meeting people.

You will have a wonderful time

Carole

We are a party of 8 (4 couples). Would there be any tables for 8 in BLU?

We are thinking of upgrading to Aqua next cruise. If we do does that mean we dine in Blu? Is it the same food as the MDR?

No Blu has a differenet menu. That being said you can always review the MDR menu before you go to Blu, if (& its unlikely) there is nothing on Blu menu that you like ask for something off the MDR menu. Blu is very good and service is very personal. You will have a great time

Carole

• 4 years later...

I am trying to decide if I should book Aqua Class or Concierge on the Summit for Bermuda out of NY. We usually always get AFT rooms and so the Aqua doesn't have those I don't believe. We also are spa all day low key people and that attracts us. Can someone explain the difference and if it is worth it? Is Blu that fab? What else? What is the difference?

As far as we are concerned it is a no brainer. We have cruised CC-1 for years but we are now committed to AQ. As a matter of fact, our next three Equinox cruises are in AQ with the very large balconies. Addtionally, when we sail on the Radiance next month we will probably book the same cruise for the spring of 2012.

I am trying to decide if I should book Aqua Class or Concierge on the Summit for Bermuda out of NY. We usually always get AFT rooms and so the Aqua doesn't have those I don't believe. We also are spa all day low key people and that attracts us. Can someone explain the difference and if it is worth it? Is Blu that fab? What else? What is the difference?

First of all, of course AQ offers aft staterooms. 5 on Deck 11. You need to be quick if you want them, though ;-)

As stated before CC does not offer any perks worth an extra price for us. The only reason I understand why one could book it might be a specific stateroom location.

AQ offers Blu which is THE reason for most to book AQ. And yes, it is fab - good food, personal service, a more relaxed atmosphere as MDR and not nearly as rushed. For us Blu is what got us hooked on AQ.

As to the spa (Persian Garden). Persian Garden is really nice on Solstice class with its huge panoramic windows and bright rooms. On M class, where it was only added at some point, the windowless rooms kind of feel like a dark dungeon to many people.

For some the shower panel in the bathrooms is a nice extra.

Well, this is Blu and Blu food...

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Miaminice

My understanding is that if you are in an AQ cabin and elect Select Dining you will be eating in the MDR instead of Blu. So if anyone (hard to believe...:)) was turned off by the idea of "lighter" fare, that could be a solution. In that case I'd pick whichever category was less.

I have NO idea why it is called "lighter fare" and I do not know what your definition of "lighter fare" is, BUT the first time we had to decide between Aqua and CC we went with Aqua because of all the raving comments about Blu. We decided that if we did not like Blu we could always request seating in the MDR. Well, that was a wasted thought process! BLU IS AMAZING! We would not care is Aqua cost twice what CC cost we will NOT even consider "X" unless we are in Aqua. One time (a few years ago) we were offered an upgrade to a Suite, and I told them no because we wanted to eat in Blu, until they assured me that we could still eat in Blu for a small charge, so we accepted the upgrade and enjoyed it as well as dining in Blu, every evening! Due to my DH's disability we must have an "accessible Aqua Stateroom" they are very hard to get as there are only 4 of them. Because of that we are not able to cruise very often. Plus we only like cruising for more than 7 nights, but Aqua and Blu are well worth the wait. I can only suggest that you give Blu a try, I truly believe that you will enjoy it - it is terrific!!!