Fort Lauderdale - Mystery Airport Hotel, Fort Lauderdale

Berk987

I booked it too. Makes me wonder though - last weekend when I first saw this it said "only five rooms left". Then that other thread gave several people saying they had booked it - one said they booked three rooms, and I also booked it. After all those bookings the post said "only four rooms left". LOL. some of us might be sleeping in the pool or we are all in the same room!

I was thinking the same after we booked it last weekend. I still remained at 3 rooms after I booked 2 rooms. The next day it had no rooms at $63 and were showing the rooms at $80 which are the suites. Scary when you look at Priceline and the rooms are $147 and the actual hotel website they start at $147.

I booked it too. Makes me wonder though - last weekend when I first saw this it said "only five rooms left". Then that other thread gave several people saying they had booked it - one said they booked three rooms, and I also booked it. After all those bookings the post said "only four rooms left". LOL. some of us might be sleeping in the pool or we are all in the same room!

Thanks to all of you who posted this little tip about bookitdotcom and the Hampton Inn. I'm flying a red eye from the West Coast and decided to do it the day BEFORE the cruise so I don't cut it too close. I usually don't like booking an unknown hotel, but with the info you all provided, I felt more secure. Love the idea of transportation from airport and to the pier--that's always one of my criteria. In fact, my return flight after the cruise isn't until 8:17 p.m., so I decided to just stay over at the Hampton Inn again and relax instead of sitting for 10 hours at the airport. Thank you all for sharing your info.

FYI--Hotelsdotcom listed it for $71, Expedia had it for $76 and the hotel itself with the "Advanced Purchase" non-refundable rate had it at $75.65.

Thanks to all of you who posted this little tip about bookitdotcom and the Hampton Inn. I'm flying a red eye from the West Coast and decided to do it the day BEFORE the cruise so I don't cut it too close. I usually don't like booking an unknown hotel, but with the info you all provided, I felt more secure. Love the idea of transportation from airport and to the pier--that's always one of my criteria. In fact, my return flight after the cruise isn't until 8:17 p.m., so I decided to just stay over at the Hampton Inn again and relax instead of sitting for 10 hours at the airport. Thank you all for sharing your info.

FYI--Hotelsdotcom listed it for $71, Expedia had it for $76 and the hotel itself with the "Advanced Purchase" non-refundable rate had it at $75.65.

Are you sure they were listing the one on StirlingRd? I checked all of the above sites before booking on Bookit and the prices were double the cost of Bookit.

Are you sure they were listing the one on StirlingRd? I checked all of the above sites before booking on Bookit and the prices were double the cost of Bookit.

Maxine:

Yes, I double checked it this morning and got the same results. But my search was for a week night in October, so your results might be different. Also, there's a second Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port that has higher rates, so maybe that got thrown into the mix.

We just used Priceline to book the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, Fl on Nov 6 or $68 plus tax or a total of $83. The place is on the beach and is supposed to be 4 star, but looking at a map it is away from a lot of services. The catch with Priceline is you pick a price a star level and an area and then take pot luck on what they assign.

Still for the price I think it is a good deal.

I booked this for our pre-cruise in April.

My "confirmation" shows "free airport shuttle" and "free area shuttle" but not specifically free shuttle to the pier for our cruise.

Do your confirmations show free cruise shuttle?

Thanks.

We just used Priceline to book the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, Fl on Nov 6 or $68 plus tax or a total of $83. The place is on the beach and is supposed to be 4 star, but looking at a map it is away from a lot of services. The catch with Priceline is you pick a price a star level and an area and then take pot luck on what they assign.

Still for the price I think it is a good deal.

You got the Diplomat for $68+. Normally the rate isaround $200.

The hotel is in Hollywood beach.

But not directly on the beach or broadwalk.

My "confirmation" shows "free airport shuttle" and "free area shuttle" but not specifically free shuttle to the pier for our cruise.

Do your confirmations show free cruise shuttle?

Thanks.

The website for the Hampton says free shuttle to Port Everglades.

I made an assumption that the shuttle would take me to the pier before the cruise, but here's what validated it for me:

I was considering staying a night after the cruise at the Hampton and called them directly to ask about transportation from pier to hotel (indicating that I was staying there pre-cruise. ) The person on the phone said the driver taking me to the ship would give me all the details and take my info about the return.

I took that to mean they take you there and can provide transport back for guest from pier to hotel.

Does this help?

Thank you!!

A free shuttle to the pier was not a deal breaker but it'll be a nice bonus!!!

Hopefully those of you who will be staying at this Hampton Inn with your "Mystery Hotel" bookit.com bookings will report back here when you get home!!

:D

Thank you!!

Hopefully those of you who will be staying at this Hampton Inn with your "Mystery Hotel" bookit.com bookings will report back here when you get home!!

I will try to remember. I have noted that several people giving reviews of this hotel have mentioned that they were charged to use the shuttle for area restaurants. I am glad you saw that it is "free".

I booked the Mystery hotel with bookit dot com on Sunday and I got the Hampton Inn. I had read that was the hotel from another board. I paid $63 plus tax per night and the hotel is showing on Expedia for $131. The reviews on Tripadvisor seems positive for the most part. I hope it is nice.

The confirmation I received from Bookit shows that there is complimentary area shuttles which would make one think that transfers to the cruise port and or airport would be included. I have not called them yet but Bookit has a customer care #'s of 1-866-969-9880 or 1-850-234-8887. Hopefully one of these numbers will be able to answer any questions.

Just called the Bookit customer care # 1-850-234-8887 and they confirmed to me that there is free transportation from airport to the Hampton and also to the pier.

Thank you!!

Archived