Galveston Return air travel

alleghator

OK ... those who have cruised through Galveston ... for what time did you plan your return flights? I mean, once you get off the ship, find luggage, travel the hour-or-so to the airport and allow and hour-or-so for checking in ... what time did you actually get out of town?

--Heidi

My DW had a 12:30 flight out of Hobby. We had to get her early debarkation and drive her to the AP. We got her there about 11:00 and she made her flight ok. If you have an early flight you need the early debarkation or you won't make it. I don't know how long it would take to get to IAH, though.

For returning on a weekend, I'd target a flight no earlier than 12:30 out of HOU or 1:00 out IAH. IAH is about an added 30-40 minutes of further driving time -- with no traffic delays. I prefer going up the Eastex freeway (US 59) to get to IAH, vs. staying on I-45 all of the way -- less congested freeway. You can risk earlier departure times of up to an hour earlier than these if you're on the road leaving the cruise terminal by 09:00 (that can be iffy if your debarkation gets delayed with customs and immigration clearances).

Archived