Blue Lagoon Questions

marshhawk

Thank you for all the information on Blue Lagoon. We are surprising our kids with a cruise for xmas and I am thinking of one of the dolphin encounters. I would love to do the dolphin swim but with 5 kids thats almost 1000 dollars for them and the spectator fee for my DH and I. So I am undecided on whether to suck it up or just book the dolphine encounter instead of the swim. Any thoughts from those who have done them? Also, will the water be warm enough on Dec. 28th for it to be enjoyable?

We have this excursion booked through the Epic. Our ship will be in port from 12 to 7. Excursion starts at 1:00. Says it lasts 4 1/2 hours. After reading many of the posts about BL, seems you all say last ferry is at 4:00. Do you think they will have a special ferry just to bring us back later than 4? I tried emailing BL with my questions and they were very short with their response, just saying contact my cruiseline. Wondered if any of you might have an answer, or if I should just call BL or NCL myself...of course since I booked thru TA, NCL probly wouldnt tell me, and my TA has been less than helpful to me.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

first i have to say, im in love with this website and the people on it, everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have good info or a way to find things out, and mostly i get really real answers about choices.

ive decided to take my kids to blue lagoon after reading this it was on my list of maybes , im lucky we will be in port thru the night so i wont have to worry about times, and even though my kids are older it will have stuff for all of us to do.

unfortunately i can see a pic in future of me sleeping away in a hammock being posted on one of their facebook pages , but it will be worth it :)

not to highjack the thread, but my daughters graduation gift a few years ago was swimming with dolphins, we didnt do it in the bahamas but let me tell you , anyplace, that offers it and that you can afford take it. its one of our lifetime memories we yank out those photos all the time and now show my granddaughter who says, gramma go swim with nemo. sooooo yep we will be taking her in a few years.

Thank you for all the information on Blue Lagoon. We are surprising our kids with a cruise for xmas and I am thinking of one of the dolphin encounters. I would love to do the dolphin swim but with 5 kids thats almost 1000 dollars for them and the spectator fee for my DH and I. So I am undecided on whether to suck it up or just book the dolphine encounter instead of the swim. Any thoughts from those who have done them? Also, will the water be warm enough on Dec. 28th for it to be enjoyable?

I emailed BL about sea lion encounter. I got info on all including 1 adult has to be with kids in the water. Don't know how old your kids are. May want to chk that out. My grandchildren are 6 (triplets) & and they each want to do a different thing. Looks like granny may have to do one with one of them.

Anyone know how the island time lines up to

"ships' time for Carnival? Thinking of booking independently to get more time at the beach, but don't want to run the risk of missing a ferry because the clocks are not in sync.

I asked the same question & ship time & nassau time is same.

We have this excursion booked through the Epic. Our ship will be in port from 12 to 7. Excursion starts at 1:00. Says it lasts 4 1/2 hours. After reading many of the posts about BL, seems you all say last ferry is at 4:00. Do you think they will have a special ferry just to bring us back later than 4? I tried emailing BL with my questions and they were very short with their response, just saying contact my cruiseline. Wondered if any of you might have an answer, or if I should just call BL or NCL myself...of course since I booked thru TA, NCL probly wouldnt tell me, and my TA has been less than helpful to me.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

My understanding is last ferry at 4pm. Was just there 2 weeks ago & our encounter was 2PM. We were finished by 3:15 so had plenty of time to get ferry back. They close at 5PM & another ferry came in that the workers seemed to get on.

I see on the RCL site that they are selling the Blue Lagoon "beach day" excursion for $59pp adult and $44pp child. I realize this is a bit more than booking directly, but, does booking through the cruise line somehow get you directly on a boat to the beach and avoid the extra taxi fare? Our ship is in port from 11am-7pm and the excursion is listed as approximately 4 hours. I'm assuming this means we're on the 12:30 ferry to the island.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can comment!

I see on the RCL site that they are selling the Blue Lagoon "beach day" excursion for $59pp adult and $44pp child. I realize this is a bit more than booking directly, but, does booking through the cruise line somehow get you directly on a boat to the beach and avoid the extra taxi fare? Our ship is in port from 11am-7pm and the excursion is listed as approximately 4 hours. I'm assuming this means we're on the 12:30 ferry to the island.

Scubgirl can probably give the best answer but there is only 1 ferry to BL & it is at ferry terminal. I don't know if cruiseline booking gives u taxi in ur price or not. Call shore excursions & ask. I do know when leaving the island u will be taken back to the ship pier or can get off ferry terminal if u wish. Was just there the first of Oct & we chose to get off at terminal because we wanted to buy some alcohol there for sale at a kiosk.

When you book through the ship (at least with NCL) a ferry comes to pick you up close to the ships so you do avoid that taxi fare on the way there and on the way back it will take you back close to the ships again. Even if you book independently you can stay on the ferry and get off closer to the ships - they just made an annoucement for cruise passengers to stay on board on the way back when we were pulling up to the ferry terminal. But we booked independently in March and emailed and asked if we could travel with the group from the ship and they let us. Before you book either independently or with the ship I'd email Blue Lagoon and ask if you can use the same transportation and those going from the ship. They should say yes. The only reason we wished we had taken a taxi is so we could have had more time there but our ship got in earlier so for you it won't make a difference. Hope that helps!

Sorry, it is too late to edit, to add this question to my last post. We are thinking of waiting until we are in Nassau to actually book the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. That way if the weather is terrible we don't lose our money. Will we have any problem just going to the Ferry Terminal and paying for the Beach Day? Does it cost more than the $45.00 prepay price? We will be there on Wednesday, December 1, 2010. Do we risk not being able to purchase it if we don't book ahead of time?

We are interested in going to Blue Lagoon. The Glory will be in Nassau from 7 am to 2 pm. So I think we better book the ship excursion? I am worried about loosing too much time waiting for taxi to fill up, missing the ferry and having very little time on the island finally. What are your thouhgts? Thank you so much in advance.

Sorry, it is too late to edit, to add this question to my last post. We are thinking of waiting until we are in Nassau to actually book the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. That way if the weather is terrible we don't lose our money. Will we have any problem just going to the Ferry Terminal and paying for the Beach Day? Does it cost more than the $45.00 prepay price? We will be there on Wednesday, December 1, 2010. Do we risk not being able to purchase it if we don't book ahead of time?

I would not think you are able to go to the Ferry Terminal to pay for the beach day..my guess is you have to book direct with Blue Lagoon first. I could be wrong I guess..? Haven't read of anyone doing it that way. We are in Nassau the day before you and were also reluctant to pre pay for this in case the weather wasn't ideal.

For adults it is 45 a person and for kids it is 35 a person and that does include lunch.

There were a few familys with infants there and they had inner tubes and mats that you could use for free for him/her. I would not hesitate bringing an infant there.

Transportation back to the ship is free. Leave on one of there ferries and stay on till the 2nd stop, which brings you right back to the ship area.

To book directly go to bahamas blue lagoon dot com

If you need any other questions asked please feel free to do so. I will be posting pictures up soon...still in the process of uploading to webshots.

I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the information you provided! You saved me $159.00 booking privately instead of through Carnival! 2 adults, 2 kids and they consider 12-14 children prices as well for the Beach Day! I appreciate all the time and information you supplied!

i read the blue lagoon page which btw is really nicely done, when you reserve thru them they get your cc number and stuff and give you the reservation but they do NOT actually charge you till you go so there is no problems with refunds, that sounds very good if someone is worried about weather. although i live in fl not the bahamas, i should change that, weather is very flexible it could be pouring down cats and dogs and in 20 min be sunny and warm and vice versa so keep that in mind when thinking about weather issues.

Has anyone bought food ala carte at Blue Lagoon? It just seems awfully pricey to pay $30 for a hamburger, chips & a drink. I wondered what the prices are like at their grill if you don't buy the lunch upgrade.

I don't think they sell a la carte. The $30 includes burger/chips etc.. plus the use of the tubes/mats etc. as well as the games/foosball/chess etc.

I'm researching this for some college kids who will be on the Pride in March. Ship arrives at 11am and is in Nassau till 10pm. On the Blue Lagoon web site, I only see boat departures at 8:30, 10:30, 1:30 and 3:30. I've seen a 12:30 here? Is there one then? It would be a waste to catch at 1:30 one over when you have to leave at 4pm on the last one leaving the lagoon. It would be fun to do this during the day and then hit Atlantis for the evening.

i read the blue lagoon page which btw is really nicely done, when you reserve thru them they get your cc number and stuff and give you the reservation but they do NOT actually charge you till you go so there is no problems with refunds, that sounds very good if someone is worried about weather. although i live in fl not the bahamas, i should change that, weather is very flexible it could be pouring down cats and dogs and in 20 min be sunny and warm and vice versa so keep that in mind when thinking about weather issues.

This was not my experience for the reservation.

We booked about 2 weeks ago for our day in Nassau in December. The full amount was already charged to our credit card.

Hi Does anyone know how handicapped friendly the Ferry and Taxis are to Blue Lagoon. I have a wheelchair and I am renting a Scooter for the 2nd week in Dec. We were going to go to BCH for it's convience and ease of getting there with WC or Scooter. Plus it's suppose to be quiet and relaxing and not a lot of kids(we are traveling kids free this trip and would like to take advantage of that).Our ship will be in Nassau from 1:00pm to almost midnight so I don't think time is an issue. Any specific info regarding handcapped access would be really appreciated. Thank You.

Hi Does anyone know how handicapped friendly the Ferry and Taxis are to Blue Lagoon. I have a wheelchair and I am renting a Scooter for the 2nd week in Dec. We were going to go to BCH for it's convience and ease of getting there with WC or Scooter. Plus it's suppose to be quiet and relaxing and not a lot of kids(we are traveling kids free this trip and would like to take advantage of that).Our ship will be in Nassau from 1:00pm to almost midnight so I don't think time is an issue. Any specific info regarding handcapped access would be really appreciated. Thank You.

I remember it being fairly accessible, but your issue is going to be with timing. The last ferry leaves the island at 4pm. Ferries leave at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m so you won't make the 1:30 ferry and since you have to be back on a ferry at 4pm it really wouldn't be worth it. I'd choose BCH or something else that will be more convenient for accessibility and the time you're in port. Hope that helps!

This was not my experience for the reservation.

We booked about 2 weeks ago for our day in Nassau in December. The full amount was already charged to our credit card.

This is also my experience. I completed the form online and they emailed the form to fax to them with my CC number. A few days later my CC was charged the whole amount. This is for Dec 1st!

Archived