Does St. Tropez get cancelled often?

Denverite

We are doing a transatlantic next year in November on the Prinsendam. St. Tropez is a tender port and I know the weather can be iffy. Just wondered if anyone has experienced a cancellation on this port in the fall. If so, did the ship go to a different port or just cancel entirely. We may want to get a private tour company to take us to Port Grimaud and the village of Grimaud but they require payment up front so would need to make sure to include cost of prepaid tours in our insurance.

Does anyone have experience with just getting a taxi at the port? I have heard of some hair-raising driving experiences with some taxis so thought we might go the route of a tour company instead. And just an FYI...we don't want to rent a car and do it ourself...we like someone else driving so we can enjoy the ride.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
We are doing a transatlantic next year in November on the Prinsendam. St. Tropez is a tender port and I know the weather can be iffy. Just wondered if anyone has experienced a cancellation on this port in the fall. If so, did the ship go to a different port or just cancel entirely. We may want to get a private tour company to take us to Port Grimaud and the village of Grimaud but they require payment up front so would need to make sure to include cost of prepaid tours in our insurance.

Does anyone have experience with just getting a taxi at the port? I have heard of some hair-raising driving experiences with some taxis so thought we might go the route of a tour company instead. And just an FYI...we don't want to rent a car and do it ourself...we like someone else driving so we can enjoy the ride.

Thanks.

Hi Denverite,

I came across your post as I was researching St. Tropez.

Sylvie (who we used in Monaco and the French Riviera last year) does St. Tropez. she will not charge if the ship does not tender.

I have been in contact with her as we have been pondering this cruise and she did not seem very concerned about the ship not tendering. Prisendam does not have to stay out as far as the other ships. If you like, give me a shout at catjack@nbnet.nb.ca if you have any questions.

Archived