Taking a Cab to Paradise Beach...Any Pointers?

Singer4Him

After much debate, I think we've decided to go to Paradise Beach when we port in Cozumel. The last time we went, it was just DH and me and we rented a jeep. We loved getting to see parts of the island that most tourists never do. However, upon hearing that they are warning tourists not to drive due to the potential of landing in jail if you're in an accident, we think we'll just go to the beach and spend our time there.

Does anybody have any pointers on getting a cab to and from the dock?

Are there usually taxis at PB waiting to bring people back. I've also heard to negotiate the price with the driver (not the man with the clip board) before you go. Have you had any problems with this?

Also, how much for a taxi ride for four there and back? Any ideas? It's been two years since we've been there but we've never taken a taxi.

Thanks for the help!

no price negotiating with the cabs any longer,the prices are set on the board.You will see the different resorts listed,we are going to Nachi Cocum and the cab fare to it is 15.00 each way.15.00 is up to four in a cab and then the price goes up from that.

Kimberley

Just make sure the cabbie understands that you know where you want to go. More than once we've had a cab driver try to talk us into going to a different beach.

Lots of cabs waiting at PB to take you back to ship.

Enjoy!

I was in Cozumel on the 7th and took a cab to San Francisco beach, which is right next to Paradise beach. It was $13 for 1-4 passengers, so you might want to share. By the time I was ready to leave, there were about 12 cabs waiting in the lot to take me back to the pier. Have fun! It's beautiful there!!

Lots of beaches in Coz are rocky, that's why its such a great place to snorkle or dive. Paradise Beach has lots of sand to put their loungers. Entry into the water at the north end is sandy. Towards the south it gets rockier. All in all it is a beautiful place with a nice beach, cold drinks, good food, friendly people and good prices.

Archived