Restuarant Reservations

kiawahdon

The following came from a review of Odessey in August '09. The reviewer who has a popular web site and is an AVID CRUISER had good things to say about Odessey in general. He did have 5 things that he felt needed attention, including restaurant reservations as noted below. My question is: Are the proceedures today the same as those noted below for the 3 alternative dinner locations?

"An easier way to make restaurant reservations. For dinners at Restaurant 2, Collonade and the Patio Grill, reservations are required. That’s acceptable. What’s not is the process. You may make reservations only 48 hours in advance and only beginning at 7:30 p.m. — and only by phone. So potentially it’s you and 449 other guests calling in at the same time. On the second day of our cruise, I called at 7:32 p.m. to make reservations at Restaurant 2. It had sold out within two minutes. Another guest told me he called every minute for 10 minutes from 7:30 onward. When he finally got through, all of the restaurants were fully booked. And keep in mind, you’re trying to make reservations not for the same night or even for the next night, but the night after: two nights in advance. The Maitre d’ can’t make reservations; restaurant staff can’t. So put down that glass of champagne at the cocktail party you’re attending and rush to find a house phone to call — and wait. It’s frustrating and inconvenient. "

Archived