Round two on Freedom OTS! 9/5/10 pictorial review.

DarthGrady

What do you get in the conceirge lounge besides alcoholic drinks? We can't drink because of meds.

They had sodas in addition to the alcoholic beverages. There were also hot and cold finger foods available, some of which were pretty good! There were chicken wings, beef and chicken kabobs, and mini egg rolls. There were also cold cheeses, vegetables and chocolate covered strawberries.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the Ben and Jerry "sweet" because of your review..I had never heard of it before. I am looking forward to using the concierge lounge. Do the other people in there treat you different because your not in a real suite or do they even know? Also..what can you get at Ben and Jerry's?

Thanks for answering and for the wonderful review.

I just booked the Ben and Jerry "sweet" because of your review..I had never heard of it before. I am looking forward to using the concierge lounge. Do the other people in there treat you different because your not in a real suite or do they even know? Also..what can you get at Ben and Jerry's?

Thanks for answering and for the wonderful review.

No different treatment, the only person who even knew what room we were in was the Concierge himself. He came by the first night just to check folks in and say hello.

You're entitled to one free "treat" per person per day. There was no guideline on the ticket they gave us as to what that is. Most days the guy gave us both two scoops in a cup. The other guy let me get two scoops in a waffle cone when I asked. So I guess the answer is to just ask for what you want, and they will tell you if its not included.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Grady, for putting me behind in my Saturday chores! :p Worth the time spent; loved both of your reviews and can't wait to go on Freedom of the Seas, now more than ever. Unfortunately, I've got over a year to wait; booked a great deal on FOS for 2011 holiday season. (In the meantime, I'll have to live with a couple of weekend cruises on Monarch!)

Question: Did you book the Sweet online, or does one need to call RCCL? I've looked at a number of FOS dates just to see, and that cabin is never available. Having lived in WI for 20 years, I feel a strong urge to have a nice view of a cow's behind, plus free ice cream.

Thanks for keeping us all excited about our past and future cruises! Keep those reviews coming.

Thanks, Grady, for putting me behind in my Saturday chores! :p Worth the time spent; loved both of your reviews and can't wait to go on Freedom of the Seas, now more than ever. Unfortunately, I've got over a year to wait; booked a great deal on FOS for 2011 holiday season. (In the meantime, I'll have to live with a couple of weekend cruises on Monarch!)

Question: Did you book the Sweet online, or does one need to call RCCL? I've looked at a number of FOS dates just to see, and that cabin is never available. Having lived in WI for 20 years, I feel a strong urge to have a nice view of a cow's behind, plus free ice cream.

Thanks for keeping us all excited about our past and future cruises! Keep those reviews coming.

Thanks!

We just requested that room when we booked (over the phone) and it was available.

who was your tour guide in Ocho...?????? how much time was left after the tour before the ship sailed.....would there be time for us to hit margarittaville???

Sorry, I can't remember the guy's name. We got back to the ship a few hours before sailing, so there would have been time for Margaritaville.

Archived