Round two on Freedom OTS! 9/5/10 pictorial review.

DarthGrady

I think Halloween at sea beats walking the neighborhood with three kids and my hubby for two hours begging for candy! I'm sure you'll have a great time... and you'll be able to read MY review in anticipation of YOUR cruise. :)

Absolutely, I can't wait to see it!

Question about your room.

I previously booked that room for the concierge lounge benefits but have read multiple accounts of the slamming of the crew door behind the room creating a noise issue.

Did you hear this door? Was it a problem?

Feel kind of stupid asking this question...we were at Labadee, Haiti in August 2009 and don't remember a roller coaster or a zip line. Where exactly is it??? Pictures are great!

We are doing same cruise next year and this sounds and looks like a lot of fun.

The zip line goes from the top of the mountain down to the Dragons Lookout area. The roller coaster station is near the volleyball court. It takes you up the mountain and you coast down in a bobsled type of thing with a hand brake. They have a similar type of coaster in Jamaica.

Question about your room.

I previously booked that room for the concierge lounge benefits but have read multiple accounts of the slamming of the crew door behind the room creating a noise issue.

Did you hear this door? Was it a problem?

There is a crew area next to the room, and you can hear the door opening and closing. It didn't bother me, I actually just thought it was our other neighbors coming and going. But if someone requires absolute silence at night, its not the room for them. There is also a fair amount of noise from the promenade when they have parades and live music, so folks who go to bed early may not like that either.

There is a crew area next to the room, and you can hear the door opening and closing. It didn't bother me, I actually just thought it was our other neighbors coming and going. But if someone requires absolute silence at night, its not the room for them. There is also a fair amount of noise from the promenade when they have parades and live music, so folks who go to bed early may not like that either.

Thanks. It sounds like it might be a case of personal tolerance. I've already booked other rooms but I know some were interested in this room.

After hiring a taxi we arrived at Seven Mile Beach and spent the day swimming and enjoying the beautiful Cayman coast line. I would venture to call Seven Mile Beach the second most beautiful I have yet been to

We'll be sailing FOS October 3rd,do you recall how much the cab fare was to Seven Mile Beach? Thanks for any info.

Grady, we were with y'all last week ... we'd registered for the meet & mingle, but - d'oh! - I had the time wrong in my head and we missed it.

Great review. Gonna chime in with some observations of my own eventually (my day job is interfering with fun these days.)

One of our tablemates was from Ocala. I remember when Ocala was a sleeply little central FL town with nothing but Silver Springs and a little attraction called "Six Gun Territory." I've probably significantly dated myself.

After hiring a taxi we arrived at Seven Mile Beach and spent the day swimming and enjoying the beautiful Cayman coast line. I would venture to call Seven Mile Beach the second most beautiful I have yet been to

We'll be sailing FOS October 3rd,do you recall how much the cab fare was to Seven Mile Beach? Thanks for any info.

Depends on how far you walk from the pier. The first offers were for $5 per person one way. About a block down the road another guy offered a ride to the beach for $3 per person one way, so we went with him. You may be able to find it cheaper, everything is negotiable.

Grady, we were with y'all last week ... we'd registered for the meet & mingle, but - d'oh! - I had the time wrong in my head and we missed it.

Great review. Gonna chime in with some observations of my own eventually (my day job is interfering with fun these days.)

One of our tablemates was from Ocala. I remember when Ocala was a sleeply little central FL town with nothing but Silver Springs and a little attraction called "Six Gun Territory." I've probably significantly dated myself.

Unfortunately I missed it as well. We had our friends with us and got wrapped up in running around the ship, by the time I remembered andf got up there it was too late.

Six Gun Territory wasn't too awfully long ago, they were open into the mid 80's. Ocala has certainly gotten bigger though!

Depends on how far you walk from the pier. The first offers were for $5 per person one way. About a block down the road another guy offered a ride to the beach for $3 per person one way, so we went with him. You may be able to find it cheaper, everything is negotiable.

Thanks,that's great info to know.

I was on this cruise also and I too an having cruise withdrawl..... I was wondering, Grady, do you muind if I use some of your photos for my personal scrapbook? You have some incredible shots of the islands that I simply missed.

Thanks

Jessica

I was on this cruise also and I too an having cruise withdrawl..... I was wondering, Grady, do you muind if I use some of your photos for my personal scrapbook? You have some incredible shots of the islands that I simply missed.

Thanks

Jessica

Not at all, please do.

Archived