Mediterranea Dining Question

lsfla

Getting ready to cruise on the Costa Mediterranea. Just spoke to them about our dinner seating and they asked us which dining room we wanted to be in Level 1 or Level 2.

Questions to anyone who has cruised this ship before: Which main dining room were you seated in? Did you like it or not and why? Basically we want to determine which main dining room to request and which dining table location is the best....

Thank you.

We just cruised on the Meditteranea from Feb.6-13 and had main seating on deck 2. One thing we did notice was that the noise level near the back of the ship made conversation somewhat difficult if you were seating at a round table that had 10 people there (i.e. yelling across). And in the absolute far back the silverware/dishes vibrate on the table! Thankfully there is open seating for breakfast & lunch so if you are stuck in the back, it's only for one meal.

We ended up moving to another table anyways since the 4 other people we were assigned to sitting with were we a bit "stuffy" and we met some new friends that had space open up at their table - moving was the best thing we did!

To answer your question, I think sitting on the main floor (deck 2) seemed to be nicer to watch the waiters "parade" in desserts, etc.

We were on the first level, table 42 which is near the front and to the right side facing the entrance. We were happy with the location. not noisy, easy to get in and out of the dining room, and we had excellent service from Brian, our waiter.

Getting ready to cruise on the Costa Mediterranea. Just spoke to them about our dinner seating and they asked us which dining room we wanted to be in Level 1 or Level 2.

Questions to anyone who has cruised this ship before: Which main dining room were you seated in? Did you like it or not and why? Basically we want to determine which main dining room to request and which dining table location is the best....

Thank you.

I just got back from my wonderful cruise on the Costa Mediterranea. It was wonderful. You are asking about the dining room. Well you really want to get the first seating since the second on isn't until 8pm or 830pm which is kinda late to eat, also you would really like to upper level, because if you get the 1st floor seating then you have to worry about everyone from the top looking down at you and watching you eat. Its alot better to be on the second floor, my dinner table was I think 258 or 528 either one, but Jose was our waiter and he really wasn't that good, but you do want to top level.

Ate dinner on both level 1 & 2. 2 was a bit quieter.

Level 1 near the rear of the ship is not good - the Props are overly loud and you have to yell to converse with someone, including the waiter. It's a toss up - just don't go to the rear of the ship if you can avoid it.:)

Level 3 is very good seating we were at the back table 245 great waiters(Ronnie & Caesar) and no noise. It is the same dining room just that it is 3 levels. Also best view there of the show on Italian night(WED).Remember toga night on Saturday it is great fun.Very good cruise.Bring loose pants. Beds very hard ask right away for extra mattress this is the only negative.Enjoy CJL

I did not post a review of the cruise but for the most part I agree with Cruise4Andy's review except that I wouldn't give the food a "10".

Also had big problem with the ship's golf pro, Francesco. My husband signed up to play the "Teeth of the Dog" golf course in the Dominican Republic ($250) and ended up playing a lesser course. When he complained, Francesco and the excursion tour manager said "too bad," we overbooked - sorry, no partial refund. This happened to 3 golfers total and currently there is a letter writing campaign in the works from all of us. If you paid big bucks to play the #35-ranked course in the world and they sent you to play some non-ranked course, wouldn't you be angry!?

Archived