Last Minute Fantasy Questions

I Luv Crusin

We are leaving on the Fantasy on 9/24 for our anniversary and I have a few questions. I haven't sailed this class of ship in a while.

We have an outside cabin on the Riviera Deck.

1) Is there a hair dryer? If not can I bring mine? If I can't can I borrow one from the purser's desk? I usually let my hair dry on its own, except for "elegant" night. Can I bring a curling iron?

2) I did not order decorations for the cabin. If I bought some, do you think the steward would put them up for me, for a tip? I want to surprise DH.

3) I'm thinking of taking an inflatable cooler on board. Would the steward keep it filled for us? We are taking one mixed 12 pack of soda and 2 bottles of wine on board with us.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=615&pdept_id=624&dept_id=0&pf_id=39435

4) Is the couples message "romantic" or just weird?

5) We are staying in Charleston after the cruise. How long can you hang out on the ship before they 1-kick you out of the cabin and 2-kick you off the ship?

6) Do they confiscate white noise machines?

thanks in advance!!!

We are leaving on the Fantasy on 9/24 for our anniversary and I have a few questions. I haven't sailed this class of ship in a while.

We have an outside cabin on the Riviera Deck.

1) Is there a hair dryer? If not can I bring mine? If I can't can I borrow one from the purser's desk? I usually let my hair dry on its own, except for "elegant" night. Can I bring a curling iron?

2) I did not order decorations for the cabin. If I bought some, do you think the steward would put them up for me, for a tip? I want to surprise DH.

3) I'm thinking of taking an inflatable cooler on board. Would the steward keep it filled for us? We are taking one mixed 12 pack of soda and 2 bottles of wine on board with us.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=615&pdept_id=624&dept_id=0&pf_id=39435

4) Is the couples message "romantic" or just weird?

5) We are staying in Charleston after the cruise. How long can you hang out on the ship before they 1-kick you out of the cabin and 2-kick you off the ship?

6) Do they confiscate white noise machines?

thanks in advance!!!

Firstly congrats on your anniversary

No hair dryer in the oceanview cabins

Yes you can bring a curling iron that is in good working order

Yes the steward will keep the cooler full of ice

They want you out of your cabin pretty early but remember there is a group wanting to board behind you and they want you off to make sure the ship is cleared of previous passengers. I would say 1030 would be pushing it

White noise machines the same as curling iron good working order

No, they will not have hair dryers, yes you can take your own and your curling iron. Hair products are ok, just not household products.

usually around 9 am they call for everyone to be out of their cabins. By 10 or 10:30, usually everyone should be off the ship. Dont make them come looking for you.

If you order the decorations from Bon Voyage, they will put them up and surprise you, probably before you enter the cabin if you order them for arrival, which I would to enjoy them longer.

Do you want the Steward to help you put decorations up or you give him the stuff and expect it done when you get back from somewhere? The latter seems like an odd request but for a tip I'd imagine he would find someone with the time.

How well does the inflatable cooler work? Is there any insulation at all? I don't think the steward would have a problem filling it up with ice. What about when it leaks out and falls over and your floor is covered in water? He may not fill it for that reason. Seems less efficacious than a bucket.

I imagine your questions are not going to have different answers on the different classes of carnival ships you have been on.

Do you want the Steward to help you put decorations up or you give him the stuff and expect it done when you get back from somewhere? The latter seems like an odd request but for a tip I'd imagine he would find someone with the time.

How well does the inflatable cooler work? Is there any insulation at all? I don't think the steward would have a problem filling it up with ice. What about when it leaks out and falls over and your floor is covered in water? He may not fill it for that reason. Seems less efficacious than a bucket.

I imagine your questions are not going to have different answers on the different classes of carnival ships you have been on.

Place the cooler in a garbage bag as they do leak. Or use the garbage bag as a liner. Or keep the cooler in the bath room.

Dave

Have you seen an inflatable pool? The Cooler is PVC plastic and I think the air pockets provide insulation. Since it is plastic it shouldn't leak. The cooler is bigger than the little ice bucket so it would be better than a bucket, I think. Here's a link http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=615&pdept_id=624&dept_id=0&pf_id=39435

Some of the questions are unique to the Fantasy class ships which I haven't sailed in years.

As for the decorations, I think they need to be ordered two weeks in advance and I missed the deadline. So I was going to go to the partystore to get some decorations and see if the stewart would put them up the first night when we are out of the cabin. I'm trying to think of a reason to get DH out of the cabin so I can do it myself.

thanks for your input.

Archived