Dream questions!

alexandria

Hello,

Just booked the April 19 NCL Dream cruise. I had some questions that were answered in other threads and a few others that I couldn't find the answers to. Any help appreciated!

1. How far is the port from the French Quarter? We booked the Cruise Special at the Holiday Inn ($129 for the night before the cruise, park up to seven days free) and wonder if it within walking distance. I've been to New Orleans once but don't know where the cruise ships board (is it between Riverwalk and the French Quarter) nor where the Holiday Inn French Quarter is located.

2. Does New Orleans have separate check in for Latitudes members?

3. I notice the Dream has a golf driving area with net. Are clubs and balls furnished or is it BYOB!

4. How about the volleyball/basketball area? Do they have organized games or can you just play whenever you choose if the court is available?

5. What is the best place to sit and read a book and watch the world go by? Any good places aft to sit and watch the wake? Looks like the International Deck has an area aft but it looks small? Is that a children's pool and deck or for anybody?

6. I found the menu scans/photos that someone had posted at www.onetheseas.com (Thank you very much). Does anyone have recent scans of the teen and childrens programs for the Dream? Our three kids (14, 13 and 12) sailed with us on the NCL Majesty in 2002 and are wondering what teen activities are generally planned.

7. It looks like Le Bistro is the only "charge" restaurant and that La Trattoria is free. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any info!

The port is right next to riverwalk mall, a long but doable walk from the quarter( if you aren't carrying luggage). Le Bristro is the only pay restaurant, the italian one if free. One of the decks has a small spot at the real of the ship where people usually don't go. My wife and I hung out there a few times.

Hello,

Just booked the April 19 NCL Dream cruise. I had some questions that were answered in other threads and a few others that I couldn't find the answers to. Any help appreciated!

1. How far is the port from the French Quarter? We booked the Cruise Special at the Holiday Inn ($129 for the night before the cruise, park up to seven days free) and wonder if it within walking distance. I've been to New Orleans once but don't know where the cruise ships board (is it between Riverwalk and the French Quarter) nor where the Holiday Inn French Quarter is located.

2. Does New Orleans have separate check in for Latitudes members?

3. I notice the Dream has a golf driving area with net. Are clubs and balls furnished or is it BYOB!

4. How about the volleyball/basketball area? Do they have organized games or can you just play whenever you choose if the court is available?

5. What is the best place to sit and read a book and watch the world go by? Any good places aft to sit and watch the wake? Looks like the International Deck has an area aft but it looks small? Is that a children's pool and deck or for anybody?

6. I found the menu scans/photos that someone had posted at www.onetheseas.com (Thank you very much). Does anyone have recent scans of the teen and childrens programs for the Dream? Our three kids (14, 13 and 12) sailed with us on the NCL Majesty in 2002 and are wondering what teen activities are generally planned.

7. It looks like Le Bistro is the only "charge" restaurant and that La Trattoria is free. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any info!

I've cruised on the Dream many times from N.O. Here's my input....

The pier is right at the Riverwalk...a few blocks from the French Quarter...it's a short drive in a car, but to far to walk....I wouldn't suggest walking to the pier with your luggage...cabs are cheap.... In fact if you are interested, I have a good friend we met, she's a cab driver, we use her a the time, she'll take good care of you...let me know...I'll give you her info...

N.O. does have a Latitudes check in- it's fantastic.

The Dream does have a driving area for golf...nothing to write home to mom about...very small, with limited supply's...don't get to excited....

The volleyball and basketball deck is on the very top deck...I've never been up there...I don't think they have anything "organized"...I've never seen anything promoted in the "FreeStyle" daily...(the daily event schedule.)

As far as a good place to sit and relax in DECK 8 aft....theres a sitting area, very quite and relaxing. There's a overhang, so it's mostly shaded...This is our favorite spot....The only time it fills up is on Sea days...and even then it's relatively quite...it's take people a while to catch onto this spot....it becomes more popular as the week progresses and guests find this nice place....The best pool area is right above you on DECK 9 aft (the aft pool you were referring to)...just up one flight of stairs....the main pool area on deck 11 is to noisy and busy....Also, for peace and quite (daytime) on the inside of the ship, I go to Lucky's lounge or Dazzles (during the day of course)...it real quite...that's where I read and relax during the day...there is no peace and quite at night, unless you're in your room...

I don't know much about the teen program...I know NCL is not known to compare or match up to other cruise lines programs...and given it's a small older ship, don't expect bells and whistles...on the other hand, every parent I've talked to, tell me the kid's love it, and they have to drag there kids away from the program...

The Le Bistro is great...well worth it...15$ each...we eat there 3 to 4 nights out of seven...We just like the small atmosphere and quite relaxing dinner...some people will tell you it stinks and not worth it...you'll have to try it for you self....

The La Tratolla is fantastic...be careful, certain nights they serve the main, regular menu that the other restaurants are serving.... so make sure to check your Freestyle daily to see if they are serving Italian food.... We go to the La Tratolla everynight they serve Italian....

Best of luck...let me know if you have any other ?????

To assist in planning our packing for our upcoming Dream cruise, can someone tell us if the Dream provides bathrobes in cabins. Terrycloth robes were provided in several previous cruises, but this is our first time on NCL. We do have an outside cabin with no balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

I leave on the Dream today. This will be my third cruise. I've been on a mid sized Princess, the RCCL Mariner (HUGE) and now the smaller Dream.

I'll let you know what I find out about the ship. I've read the reviews good/bad. I'm a little nervous but my goal is to look for the "good stuff!" I'm afraid that if I get on board and try to find the negative stuff I've seen posted that's all I'll see and then I'll nit pick the dang ship to death!

:)

Archived