Booze prices - help please

DandyTwister

Hey,

We've cruised with Carnival before but me and hubby don't drink. We're thinking of taking a cruise with our grown daughter and she is trying to figure out a budget and asked us what drinks cost...but we have no idea. Can anyone tell me the cost for booze on the ships? Like what's a beer cost...a mixed drink...drink of the day...those frozen drinks etc? Any help is appreciated - thanks (also a soda card?? Is that 40.00?):)

A 16oz plastic bottle beer(Miller Lite, etc.) is $5.95 + 15% gratuity. You can get some beers in 12oz cans for $4.95 +15%....all beverage purchases include 15% added.

I think the frozen drinks(daiquiris, pina coladas, etc) run about $7.95 + grat. The DOD's can vary, as most of the time you're paying for the souveneir glass too.

I would suggest calling Bon Voyage service through Carnival. They sell liters of liquer at an inflated price but far cheaper than buying by the drink. There is a price list on the forum somewhere. A liter a premium vodka is about $40. It is a bargain when you see how many drinks you can mix yourself instead of paying $9 for a drink on deck. You will have to call before you sail though. I do not believe you can order the service once underway. Enjoy! PS. you will have to call customer service and they will connect you to Bon Voyage service.

Thanks for the link to the drink list. I prefer Grey Goose vodka, but, I can certainly live with Absolut. At $6.61 (including tip) per drink for Absolut, I think that is MORE than reasonable.

Question: if I ordered a screwdriver (vodka/orange juice) with Absolut, that would still be the $5.75 price, correct? The menu is a wee bit confusing, it says straight up or on the rocks. Just want to clarify that I can order an Absolut screwdriver for this price.

Thanks!

I'd also like to know.

Someone please help us here!!!

Thanks for the link to the drink list. I prefer Grey Goose vodka, but, I can certainly live with Absolut. At $6.61 (including tip) per drink for Absolut, I think that is MORE than reasonable.

Question: if I ordered a screwdriver (vodka/orange juice) with Absolut, that would still be the $5.75 price, correct? The menu is a wee bit confusing, it says straight up or on the rocks. Just want to clarify that I can order an Absolut screwdriver for this price.

Thanks!

:confused::confused::confused:

For specialty drinks (Pina Colada, Margarita, for instance) do they give you a souvenir glass by default when you order every time? I've heard if you specify that you don't want the souvenir glass when you order, you can save $1 or so per drink. Is that true?

Sailin' on Conquest in one week! Never been on Carnival (only RCI).

For specialty drinks (Pina Colada, Margarita, for instance) do they give you a souvenir glass by default when you order every time? I've heard if you specify that you don't want the souvenir glass when you order, you can save $1 or so per drink. Is that true?

Sailin' on Conquest in one week! Never been on Carnival (only RCI).

According to the drink menu the "Souvenir glass" can be refilled saving you a whopping 75 cents.

If you save the glass from the drink you order and if you get the same drink(?) ask for a refill an you save about a buck ,also if you get the drink coupons before you get on the ship and order a mix drink the bar tender may give you a little more if you tip them. Since I have been on 27 ccl cruises I've gotten to know many of the bar tenders so in the past I have given a bar tender a tip for the week(maybe 20 dollars) an I ordered from that same bar tender all week and I have gotten some pretty strong drinks. This has worked with the drink coupons also.

Gary

Do they still offer buckets of beer out on the pool deck? It's been a couple years since our last Carnival cruise. I can't remember how much they cost or even how many beers were included (perhaps I drank too many of them :eek:;)).

I can speak to this personally (just off the Ecstasy on Saturday). Yes, they offer a bucket of four beers out on the deck, and the way I was asked "do you just want a bucket - you save money?" I thought it would be a heck of a deal.

Turns out that you only save a total of $1.00 by being a bucket ($.25 / beer). And the ice is definitely going to melt on you, so you might need to have that replenished. I would assume they do that (for free?), but I don't know. I was sitting way back behind Waterworks, on the Sun Deck, and never really paid much attention.

I can speak to this personally (just off the Ecstasy on Saturday). Yes, they offer a bucket of four beers out on the deck, and the way I was asked "do you just want a bucket - you save money?" I thought it would be a heck of a deal.

Turns out that you only save a total of $1.00 by being a bucket ($.25 / beer). And the ice is definitely going to melt on you, so you might need to have that replenished. I would assume they do that (for free?), but I don't know. I was sitting way back behind Waterworks, on the Sun Deck, and never really paid much attention.

Okay, thanks for the info. I think we might just take ZMatt's suggestion and opt for the Fosters. Seems like the best deal.

Archived