In the mail???

Redtravel

I get a lot of travel brochures and promotions in the mail and also by email. However, I rarely get anything from Azamara. After my cruise in April, I did receive a brochure in April and last week I got a small flyer. I get tons of mailings from their competitors. Oceania is sending out a slick new brochure. Has anyone received any email promos or any new mailings? My spouse seems to think that Azamara is trying to save money by not mailing stuff to past cruisers. My spouse loves to look at the hard copy brochures. I like Azamara, but I probably won't be sailing on them again. My spouse said that he likes other lines literature. We will book a vacation soon.

Shortly after my posting yesterday, I got email promo for an upcoming cruise. Did Azamara read this posting and send email or did everyone just happen to get an email?

I enjoyed all of my Azamara cruises. They were very good. The April 1 cruise was the first under the new Club. The new perks were nice. I loved the Cova coffee and soft drinks. I am not a wine drinker. I had a good time, but the overload of travel agents on that cruise was annoying. I'm sure that it was a promo for agents to see the new product. I enjoy talking to people about their travels. It's a nice way to hear about different places. I do not enjoy travel agents who constantly quiz cruisers about their likes and dislikes. After a few days, we chose to eat at a table for 2. That is not our usual. I would certainly cruise on Azamara again if the dates, ports, and price were right for me. I shop internet. However, my spouse is a person who loves beautiful photos and brochures. That's our style. With so many options for vacationing, advertising can make a huge difference. Our next vacation is a cruise on another line. My spouse found it reading through a brochure. Then I compared prices on the internet. Works for us.

Did Azamara read this posting and send email or did everyone just happen to get an email?

Those who have subscribed to Azamara's email specials would have received it ... I'm on their list and received the email yesterday evening.

For those interested in receiving Azamara's special offers via email, and who are not on the list, you can subscribe via the link at the bottom of the home page on their website.

We are also signed up with Azamara and receive regular emails from them

RedTravel, I understand your spouses desire to hold a brochure...

I prefer to hold a book rather than kindle or the audioversion on my ipod...

but I can't tell you how many times I've seen brochures for hotels, cruises, etc regarding places I've been, ships I've sailed on ...

and while it isn't false advertising they sure create a brochure that looks SO MUCH better than it really is....

There is a wealth of information online regarding cruising whether it's the actual website of a cruise line that includes videos, 360 degree views, and interactive pages.

or the many Cruise Critic members upload on their own photo sharing accounts or websites wonderful photos, reviews and blogs of actual ship and port experiences.

I hope you can get your DH to pursue other avenues of research, so he doesn't miss out on a wonderful AZ experience!

Just got another email. Nothing for months and two in two days. Perhaps Azamara is reading this board. Having worked in marketing research several years ago, the key was name recognition. Keep putting the name in front of the client. Make the client think about your product when choosing an option. My spouse liked Azamara and may sail with them again....is busy reading the brochures in the mail this week. Some of them are pretty slick. A land tour operator with whom we have toured sends us a brochure about every 2 weeks. We love looking at the various and changing pictures from tours that we have taken and loved...and keep thinking about booking a vacation with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some really beautiful brochures from Crystal, Oceania, and Regent. My spouse is really partial to the Regent. He keeps looking at the brochure. He even asked why we never get a brochure from Azamara. We both enjoyed our last Azamara cruise. He commented about not getting anything from Azamara..."are they going our of business?" I hope not, but I'll bet my spouse picks a cruise soon from the brochures that we have recently received. Smart lines keep sending stuff about every 2-3 weeks for a few months. You book in a space of a month or 2 when you start shopping for a vacation. I used to be in Marketing research. Azamara needs some work in that department. Is there a brochure for 2011? The website looks old...and the info for Discover le club is for 2009? Old...needs an update.

Archived