Belize Zoo

Singer4Him

How far is the Belize Zoo from where Carnival docks in Belize City? Can you get there via taxi?

The zoo is about an hour from the Tourism Village where the ships' tenders drop you off. Mile marker 29-30 on the WEstern Highway toward San Ignacio and before the spit to the south. You'd have to negotiate your taxi fare. It's US$20 just to the airport and I think the rates used to be around $7 per hour. But that mught be Belize $ ( approx BZ$2=US$1).

Here's the zoo's website. http://www.belizezoo.org/

will there be ones available for return? Must I call???Going on own and don t want to be stuck and miss boat....wonder if safe to go with tour guides at dock??maybe arrange ahead of time,,but one I contacted said need 2 people minimum...ships tour doesnt inc.zoo...any ideas?Not sure about the safety factor,am senior citizen on own,,,??:confused:

will there be ones available for return? Must I call???Going on own and don t want to be stuck and miss boat....wonder if safe to go with tour guides at dock??maybe arrange ahead of time,,but one I contacted said need 2 people minimum...ships tour doesnt inc.zoo...any ideas?Not sure about the safety factor,am senior citizen on own,,,??:confused:

You can negoiate with the driver about return. Or contact the zoo for suggestions. I think there's a bus to San Igancio that stops near the zoo, but I don't know it's schedule or if it returns the same day. Definitely try to hook up with others on your ship via the rollcalls if you're concerned about being out alone.

Archived