Miami Hotels

fozziscooter

I have a question for anyone who has sailed out of Miami. We are going to be on the Valor sailing out of Miami on March 27th. We will be flying in on the 26th and will be staying overnight in Miami. We would all like to stay some place fun, and nice but not too expensive and would also like to be near the port. I am not familar w/ Miami and where the port is located in relation to downtown, etc. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Last year we stayed at the Riande Continental. Great location. Just across the street from Bayside Marketplace.

This year we are staying at the Carlton Hotel in South Beach (NOT Ritz-Carlton). Look for internet rates as the prices come down. Standard rate of 95 we got for 67................. Look at the website. It appears to be a great hotel. http://www.carltonmiamibeach.com

A place NOT to stay would be the Days Inn & Conference Center. Not located by action and very run down............stayed there a couple years ago and others staying said it has gotten worse.

We got the Hyatt for $48 on Priceline (2/5/05). It was very nice. We were on the 19th floor and had a beautiful view. It will cost you $12 to park your car (self park) each time or $20 (for valet). We went to Bayside, which was alot of fun. Parking was $15 at Bayside because of the basketball game.......The Miami Heat had a game that night and their lots were $30. If we had to do it over again, I think I would stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside for convenience.......Plus, we spent more for parking than we did for our rental car!

I have a room at the Holiday Inn Marina Park and have stayed there before on our last cruise. I think it is a nice hotel and directly across the street from Bayside so you do not need to take a cab and about a 10 minute ride to the port. Here is their website to check prices.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miabb Linda

Archived