Booking next cruise while still onboard

minniefino

New to this board and wanted to ask the experts...

Sailing on the Freedom in a few weeks... we are considering sailing Allure next year and was wondering what is the advantage of booking Allure while still onboard. Reduced deposit and OBC? If I transfer the reservation to a travel agent, will I lose my OBC? Thanks in advance for your answers.

There's a $100 discount for booking onboard. I don't think they're doing OBC any longer, but it won't hurt to ask the LA about it.

Booked my last two and the upcoming while onboard. Found very good prices that way, which is my primary reason for doing it.

Yes reduced deposit($100 per person) and OBC is what we got when we booked our next cruise onboard and we did have to chenge our reservation and as long as you keep same resv. number you don't loose anything.

Ok that's better than what I saw last time out. Whee! Good news abounds!

Just off the Jewel and we booked two cruises..#1, we knew the dates,ship,itinerary and cabin # we wanted and #2, a future cruise certificate for a cruise that the booking isn't open yet...We got our C&A level balcony discount,OBC $100 based on a 7 night (will be adjusted for a shorter or longer future cruise) and $100 pp. deposit..As long as you keep the same booking # you can make any changes you need to (just don't ever use the word cancel when making changes) So for $200 pp deposit I have OBC, and balcony discounts for two cruises... I think that's a great deal....

There's a $100 discount for booking onboard. I don't think they're doing OBC any longer, but it won't hurt to ask the LA about it.

Booked my last two and the upcoming while onboard. Found very good prices that way, which is my primary reason for doing it.

There was never a discount for booking onboard. It has always been an OBC for the next cruise that you are booking.

The prices are the same being offered by Royal Caribbean on their website.

Fortunately, you can now combine the onboard booking OBC with either your Platinum/Diamond/Diamond Plus balcony discount OR a C&A coupon, if one happens to pop up for your particular cruise.

Stockholder's OBC remains uncombinable with anything else offered by Royal Caribbean.

Yes, it is most important that you KEEP the same reservation number.

No problem transferring to a TA, when you Book onboard mention your TA and the reservation will be faxed diredtly to your TA.

The $100 reduced deposit is a great advantage, be aware that IF you decide to book into a Group, you will be asked to pay the full deposit. You will not lose onboard credit.

There was never a discount for booking onboard. It has always been an OBC for the next cruise that you are booking.

The prices are the same being offered by Royal Caribbean on their website.

Fortunately, you can now combine the onboard booking OBC with either your Platinum/Diamond/Diamond Plus balcony discount OR a C&A coupon, if one happens to pop up for your particular cruise.

Stockholder's OBC remains uncombinable with anything else offered by Royal Caribbean.

I think they're trying to say a reduced deposit of $100 pp when they say a $100 discount (discounted deposit). It can be a play on words can't it.....

Archived