Dr. Pepper Yes or No?

~earthmama~

Mr. Pibb Extra is not nearly as good as Dr. Pepper

Weird thing is, I always thought Dr. Pepper was a coke product. When the Coke Product 12 packs go on sale at the Wal-Mart, grocery store, etc. it always includes Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Coke, etc. etc. etc.

When going to eat at KFC or Taco Bell, which ONLY serves Pepsi products, they offer Dr. Pepper as an option.

I HATE Pepsi and would actually avoid these places if they didn't have Dr. Pepper.

So, anyway, I'm confused.....what is Dr. Pepper? A Coke product or a Pepsi product?

Weird thing is, I always thought Dr. Pepper was a coke product. When the Coke Product 12 packs go on sale at the Wal-Mart, grocery store, etc. it always includes Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Coke, etc. etc. etc.

When going to eat at KFC or Taco Bell, which ONLY serves Pepsi products, they offer Dr. Pepper as an option.

I HATE Pepsi and would actually avoid these places if they didn't have Dr. Pepper.

So, anyway, I'm confused.....what is Dr. Pepper? A Coke product or a Pepsi product?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

NEITHER it's independant with a contract to Coke for distribution.

Dr Pepper is a product of the Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

In different areas of the country it may be produced and distributed by local Coke or Pepsi bottler, in those areas it is likely to be promoted on sale along with that bottlers other products.

Please note there is no period in Dr Pepper, it was removed in the 50's.:D

It's no wonder we get confused. Dr Pepper is owned by Cadbury/Schweppes and is distributed by Dr. Pepper Snapple but there are various contracts in place including Coke and Pepsi.

Frpm Wikipedia:

"In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% was produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of pre-Dr Pepper/Seven Up-merger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. It's parent company for distribution is Coca-Cola."

So sometimes it's Coke and sometimes it's Pepsi and sometimes it isn't.

Shame they do not , but I can imagine why they do not serve it , main reason being that mixing a rum and pepsi or some other such drink would totally taste bad , although I would like to see more options other than coke or sprite .

And NO , Mr Pibb tastes Nothing Like Dr Pepper , I always bring a case ,

Can someone inform me if the CVS in Puerto Rico sells Dr Pepper ?

It's no wonder we get confused. Dr Pepper is owned by Cadbury/Schweppes and is distributed by Dr. Pepper Snapple but there are various contracts in place including Coke and Pepsi.

Cadbury does not own Dr. Pepper. The Dr Pepper Snapple Group was split off from Cadbury Schweppes a couple of years ago. This resulted is 2 separate companies, DPSG (Beverages) and Cadbury (Confectionery).

Since then Cadbury has been taken over by Kraft and DPSG is traded on NYSE as DPS.

Yes it is wonderful! I had to sneak on a 12 pack of Dr Pepper myself. Mr. Pibb is NOT the same. Not even close! :p

I warned my grandson not to gulp Dublin Dr Pepper. He did....:eek::eek:

He learned a lesson in drinking sugar cane...

Dublin Dr Pepper isn't corn syrup.... LOL....:D:D

What I have seen is You find Dr Pepper in the south

and usually Mr Pibb in the north , I asked for DP in Ohio at

Mc Donald's they had never heard of it. Dr Pepper was invented

in Dublin TX at a drugstore , You can buy the cane sugar version

on -bay Way better than corn surup .

I love Dublin Dr Pepper! And I never drink Coke except in Europe, where it is made with actual sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. If I'm not going to Europe anytime soon, I'll spring for one of those glass bottles of Coke that you find in the Mexican food aisles in the stores around here. Mmmm, real sugar.... :)

I love Dublin Dr Pepper! And I never drink Coke except in Europe, where it is made with actual sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. If I'm not going to Europe anytime soon, I'll spring for one of those glass bottles of Coke that you find in the Mexican food aisles in the stores around here. Mmmm, real sugar.... :)

Cokes from Mexico are made with sugar. Available in the States at a lot of Mexico oriented stores.

Archived