Carnival Steakhouse

augusta78

We usually go once per cruise. I don't think I could handle twice in one cruise! :D

I went three times when I was on the Glory in May. At the end of the 3rd time, I walked out without dessert. I was done. This time around it will be once.

I haven't been on Carnival Legend, however, we did enjoy the steakhouse one evening aboard Carnival Liberty. It is $30/pp. Considering how many courses you get, and figuring that you can compare it to something like a Ruth's Chris or McCormick & Schmick's, I think $30/pp is an excellent buy.

The food is good, the ambiance is nice... special.

You need to decide if you want to do it, but we are booked again on our upcoming cruise aboard Carnival Dream.

I have read here on the boards there are people that visit more than once per cruise as well... so there are a lot of fans for the specialty steakhouse.

Hope you have fun! I made my reservation on-line on the Carnival website and this past weekend received a confirmation for it via e-mail (we cruise on Saturday), so you could even do that, if you wanted.

Enjoy it... here are a couple pictures from our time at Harry's (on Carnival Liberty):

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

Dinner for two at a comparable US Steakhouse (with tip) would run $130 to $150. You're paying $60 for it. I say it's a good deal. Steaks are also aged. It is definitely a big step up from the banquet food you get in the MDR. But some out there believe it's not worth the $30 upcharge.

Go to this web site (Carnival web site for TA's) and you will find all the menu's for Carnival ships. On the left hand column just click on the Steakhouse and you can look at the offering and compare it to the main dining menu and make your decision.

www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html Dining menus/Carnival

OP, if you do decide to book the Golden Fleece Steakhouse on the Legend, don't panic if you do not get an E-mail conformation back right away. When we made our resv it took 5 working days. We requested our resv on a Wed of one week and didn't receive a conformation back until Tue of the next. I was getting concerned but found out from some of my Roll Call friends that they too waited from 2 to 5 days.

We don't sail until next month so I cannot share the experience but I too have heard many good and positive comments. If they cannot give you your requested time, they state you will be given the next available time slot.

Good Luck to you.

OP, if you do decide to book the Golden Fleece Steakhouse on the Legend, don't panic if you do not get an E-mail conformation back right away. When we made our resv it took 5 working days. We requested our resv on a Wed of one week and didn't receive a conformation back until Tue of the next. I was getting concerned but found out from some of my Roll Call friends that they too waited from 2 to 5 days.

We don't sail until next month so I cannot share the experience but I too have heard many good and positive comments. If they cannot give you your requested time, they state you will be given the next available time slot.

Good Luck to you.

Just to add to this--I booked our steakhouse reservation on-line probably 2 months ago (at least). I *just* got my confirmation this weekend--one week before sailing.

So if you do make your reservations, don't be panicky about hearing from them or not. When we booked 2 years ago, you had to go to the steakhouse to see if they got your reservation at all! :D You should hear something, but you can always stop by as well.

Have gone to on every ship we have sailed and will go again on Freedom in February 2011 - to us it is worth every penny - yes you already get a meal in the MDR but you also can eat on the LIDO, hot dogs, pizza, room service, etc frankly can't see the comparison. Being Canadian have never gone to or heard of Ruth's etc but if they are anything like our fine dining establishments $30 is just a minor tip at these places. I say - go for it at least once and if it is not your cup of tea don't do it again.

Forget about the 30pp cost in the steakhouse. It is worth well more than that just in the memories associated with making the occasion and cruise even more special. How often do you have a chance to have an excellent dinner in an exclusive restaurant, on the ocean with a beautiful sunset on the horizon. I say throw in every perk you can. You only live once, if you do it right -once is more than enough!;)

In my opinion it is well worth it.

I enjoy the steakhouse on CCL and all the surcharge resturants on NCL.

Each one is worth the little extra you pay.

If CCL had more dining options, I'd pay for those too.

The food in the MDR ain't what it used to be but the cruise prices are still pretty cheap so I don't mind for one second, shelling out the extra for a better meal....PLUS when in the steak house, I don't have to sit through the singing/dancing wait staff.

I already made a reservation for my upcoming cruise on the Liberty.

I'm not one to linger over a meal. The long, drawn-out presentation is a major turn-off. Probably would not ever do it again.

Quality-wise, no complaints. You're in Morton's or Ruth Chris territory.

USDA Prime 24 OZ Porterhouse, starter, salad and dessert for $30, you betcha.

That is what I had last week on the Carnival Spirit. I thought it was better than in the past.

But they do allow children to run wild in dining room screwing up a perfect meal. :eek: We were treated to the mother breastfeeding to boot. :mad:

Will stick with Chefs table in the future. It was OUTSTANDING!!

we will be on freedom next month and have a reservation for the steakhouse. two weeks ago i became allergic to shrimp(after 44 yrs).:( not sure about all shellfish yet. not willing to find on a cruise because i don't want to waist a couple of days in the room. i really wanted to go for the lobster tail. steak is okay but i don't go crazy for it, i was wondering how the chicken dish is. is there anyone out there that's tried it?

Archived