ACA Port Authority-need your help badly!

addicted2traveling

I tried to email you for help but it says you can't accept emails...

My husband and I visited your lovely city last month and my husband bought a really neat Day of the Dead piece of artwork in a shop in the cruiseship terminal. Unfortunately it was broken into a million pieces yesterday and my husband is devasted. We do not know the name of the shop as we paid cash but I am hoping you can help. The shop was near the door where you exit the terminal, and it had other art pieces such as dragons, baskets, pottery, etc. It was a higher end store, not trinkets. The piece he bought sat in the left side of the windows with others that looked similar. It was a colorful wagon with a lady on it being pulled by horse with a man on it. We paid $55 US. If you know the name of this shop and how we can replace this wonderful piece of art we would be forever grateful!! You can post here or email me at mutgr96@everestkc.net Thanks! Sarah

I tried to email you for help but it says you can't accept emails...

My husband and I visited your lovely city last month and my husband bought a really neat Day of the Dead piece of artwork in a shop in the cruiseship terminal. Unfortunately it was broken into a million pieces yesterday and my husband is devasted. We do not know the name of the shop as we paid cash but I am hoping you can help. The shop was near the door where you exit the terminal, and it had other art pieces such as dragons, baskets, pottery, etc. It was a higher end store, not trinkets. The piece he bought sat in the left side of the windows with others that looked similar. It was a colorful wagon with a lady on it being pulled by horse with a man on it. We paid $55 US. If you know the name of this shop and how we can replace this wonderful piece of art we would be forever grateful!! You can post here or email me at mutgr96@everestkc.net Thanks! Sarah

The name of the shop is 100% Mexico, they have tons of very nice crafts and you can replace the piece you bought. I think I know which piece your talking about, tomorrow I'll take come pictures and post them and you let me know which it is, I'll also ask the store manager if they can deliver. Here's an email I found

fernando.obregon@100mexico.com

acapulco@100mexico.com

Tel. 011-52-744-4824372

You are so kind to help us! I will look for the picture tomorrow. Thank you so much!

Is the store manager's English pretty good so I could call him with my credit card number? That's the only way I can think of to get the $ to him. If he could send it to us that would be great and we will pay the postage of course.

You are so kind to help us! I will look for the picture tomorrow. Thank you so much!

Is the store manager's English pretty good so I could call him with my credit card number? That's the only way I can think of to get the $ to him. If he could send it to us that would be great and we will pay the postage of course.

They speak fairly good english, although I don't know if they can take you Credit Card over the phone, ask them to see if it's possible; check out their web page

http://www.100mexico.com

There are other telephone numbers you can call.

The website doesn't give me much info but I'll send a request that they email me some more information.

Have you had any luck talking to the manager at the cruise terminal store today? Or a picture?

I talked to one of the owners, she told me that they do not take credit card numbers on the phone or emailed: it's actually the bank policy to swipe the card through the machine, and doesn't allow to type in the numbers.

The item you want iscompletely sold out and they are expecting a shipment in 2 weeks, because of demand in all of the other stores in Mexico.

I told them you would be emailing them soon and hopefully they can figure out a payment plan, or another idea is to have a friend that travels to Acapulco on a cruise ship, leave the money and have the shop send the piece to your address. I've seen this done a few times in other shops.

Oh I love You! That is so nice of you. I was beginning to think we couldn't make this happen.

I will have my husband take a digital picture of what's left of his Day of the Dead artwork piece so you'll have an idea and we'll post here or we can email it to you whichever you'd prefer.

Do you ever use Paypal? I was thinking that is the easiest way for me to get you $ or I can send a check.

Roberto, in case we don't hear from the owner's via email, will you please let them know to hold one of these pieces when they come in? Also, do you mind verifying that the Day of the Dead piece still costs $55 US?

Thank you so much you two!

You can e-mail me the picture at :

karentrom@hotmail.com

I have a paypal account but have only used it for outgoing- I didn't know I could have incoming!! I'll just take a check if that works for you.

My daughters Mexican friends want her to bring back a GALLON of some special tequila that they can't get here- that will be fun to drag along. Roberto, I 'm sure you will help us find the right kind:D

Sorry guys, I've been swamped at work with a training course for taxi drivers and tour guides; I just said godbye to the speaker and signed all of the invoices for the work shop.

Hi Karen,

Great to see you guys again, can't wait to see you in Acapulco again.

I will tell the shop owner to hold one piece of the carriage that A2T wants, cause these pieces literally fly off the shelf once put on sale. They confirmed that delivery is expected in about 2 weeks.

I love when we can help out a fellow boarder, I'll do my part, no worries....I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I have the piece in my hand, hey, I'll probably take a pic an post it.

Roberto-I really appreciate your help! I have seen that lots of others have read this thread and they get to see just how great and helpful you are in Acapulco!

Karen-You are angel!

You both are amazing to help out a stranger like this!

Hi A2T,

I spoke with Fernando a while ago, and he told me they are expecting the item in March, I will put a hold on, if you could just post a pic of the broken one... so I know for sure, which one it is. Although I have a pretty good idea, but I just want to double check and not buy another similar piece.

And you're welcome, I have a ton of work at my desk, but, logging on to the thread really helps me cope with stress, a little distraction is always welcome in my line of work.....

Speaking of which, I just got back from the Ocean Riders extreme boat ride, similar to shotover jet, but,done in the ocean at 42 knots, jumping waves and doing 360's ...yahoooooo, it was so much fun,I want to go back for the 3pm ride. This is a brand new attraction in Acapulco, a few meters away from the cruise terminal at the tacos & beer restaraunt.

I know I should be working, so please don't tell my boss I left the terminal on auto pilot.hehehehe :D

Hey Everyone this is Chris, Addicted To Traveling's husband. I just wanted to say thank you for helping us out. Not many people would help out strangers like this and it is refreshing to see that there are still good people out there. Thanks again.

Chris

Hey Everyone this is Chris, Addicted To Traveling's husband. I just wanted to say thank you for helping us out. Not many people would help out strangers like this and it is refreshing to see that there are still good people out there. Thanks again.

Chris

Your welcome; but don't be fooled, I'm no angel....Ask a few around on these boards, I recently got a CC boarder into trouble, we had way to many te-kill-ya´s and beers at the bar in the cruise terminal with her sister and a girl we met, then walked to the tip of the pier as her husband watched us through the window of their cabin. Still don't know if she got in to trouble, but, I've seen that look before and it ain't pretty.....She took a ton of pictures, hopefully she'll share a few they get back home.

Oh, Roberto, I thought you were a perfect gentleman when we went to dinner. Perhaps having Randy tag along had something to do with that;) hahahaha!!

Last year I sent my surplus of stick-on bras (I made a mistake when ordering)to some fellow Cruise critic gals. Hubby laughed when I got the checks in the mail and I explained what it was for!

I just hope I can get it home in one piece- one time I had a bottle of Baileys Irish cream break in the luggage. ooohhh...yuk. At least it smelled good:)

Oh, Roberto, I thought you were a perfect gentleman when we went to dinner. Perhaps having Randy tag along had something to do with that;) hahahaha!!

Last year I sent my surplus of stick-on bras (I made a mistake when ordering)to some fellow Cruise critic gals. Hubby laughed when I got the checks in the mail and I explained what it was for!

I just hope I can get it home in one piece- one time I had a bottle of Baileys Irish cream break in the luggage. ooohhh...yuk. At least it smelled good:)

HAHAHAHA, I was good back then, this year I'm gonna be really bad, hehehe. Ask my sweetie, she knows, I'm nautical but nice.

As for the packing, I think I have a solution, I'm gonna have bubble wrap and encase it in a box with reinforced edges.

Hi guys,

Good news, the artist arrived today and he will start making the carriage tonight!!!

As soon as he's finished I will have him engrave it. What would you like for him to write on the bottom?

I have the bubble wrap and just taking care of the box so it's ressistant.

Archived