ACA Port Authority-need your help badly!

addicted2traveling

Roberto~ You are amazing! Can you compare bothe the ocean riders and shotover jet? I do get motion sick, but they both sound fun! What are your opinions and prices? Also, will there be any ships in port with us (Spirit 3/28)?

Thank you so much,

Robin

Roberto~ You are amazing! Can you compare bothe the ocean riders and shotover jet? I do get motion sick, but they both sound fun! What are your opinions and prices? Also, will there be any ships in port with us (Spirit 3/28)?

Thank you so much,

Robin

Thanks Robin,

Here are my impressions,

Shotover;

Speed boat that goes about 35 knots, the driver does 360 turns that would the most fun of this ride and you will have to duck on many occasions due to vegtation of the mangroves, you are seated like on a sofa, it's located at the black lagoon of Puerto Marques, where you might find alligators and iguanas, the driver takes you deep into to the mangrove for picture taking and then you can swing yourselve like tarzan on a vine. The price is about $35USD per person, plus transport fees to get to the lagoon (if you go to the shotover's office, they will take you for free) located 35 minutes away from the pier and a cab will charge you $35 USD to get there and another $35 to get you back (van for 8 persons) The only con about this ride is the smelly lagoon water, sells like raw sewage (chemical reaction with salt water, fresh water and the mangroves suck the oxygen out of the lagoon)

Ocean Riders

Speed boat that can reach 50 knots, 2 outboard motors with 200 HP each, this one jumps waves, this ride is done in the ocean, they take you towards the condesa beach area where the driver does hard turns for 360 turns, then they head out to the open ocean where ther's a lot of swell and they divers look for waves so the boat at a few times during the ride is completely air born, heads for the cliff divers, if you're lucky you get to see the dive, then to La Cagada rocks where you can see up close the cliffs, then the outer pass of La Roqueta where all of the big waves are at; hold on, because here's where the fun is much intense, you aer seated on a cushioned seat in the form of a saddle, no belts, just your own grasp. This ride is custom designed for the guests, if they have an older crowd or kids, they will not do many extreme turns (I got both, extreme and mild) it's located a 1 block from the cruise terminal and it costs $50 per person.

I prefered Ocean Riders, because it's near and you don't feel sick because of the smelly water (Almost threw up, at shotover, before the ride even started) It's a very intense ride, and if you feel it's too extreme, you only have to raise your hand to have him slow down (I wanted to go even faster)

I have always ridden in the first seat up front, the "Throne", the farther up you are seated the more intense you will feel, the back area would be the center of gravity and less bumpy. I almost fell off last time, when I lost my grasp and the driver reacted very fast and made an emergency maneuver.

They stop a few times to have people try difeerent seating, but I never let anyone change to the front seat, and after you get to ride on th throne, you'll understand.

Well gotto go, I have 2 ships pulling in right now. See you soon,

Oops. almost forgot, the C. Spirit will be alone at berth that day.

Last time I went, there was a 7 and an 8 year old, they are seated in front of the parents and sat in the back, they usually get a bit scared during thr 360 turns, and it may ruin the experience for the other riders. (we stopped about 3 times due to the children). My recommendation is if they have ever been on a rolller coaster, than they should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

...I just got back from the Ocean Riders extreme boat ride, similar to shotover jet, but,done in the ocean at 42 knots, jumping waves and doing 360's ...yahoooooo, it was so much fun,I want to go back for the 3pm ride. This is a brand new attraction in Acapulco, a few meters away from the cruise terminal at the tacos & beer restaraunt.

Hi, I'm hoping you can give me more information on the Ocean Riders. That sounds like fun! We'll be in Acapulco on January 22, 2006 on the Carnival

Spirit. We would love to do this...do they have a web site? Thanks for your help!

Hi, I'm hoping you can give me more information on the Ocean Riders. That sounds like fun! We'll be in Acapulco on January 22, 2006 on the Carnival

Spirit. We would love to do this...do they have a web site? Thanks for your help!

It's a really fun adventure, a must for all trll seekers, don't believe me try it and check out their new web page.

http://www.oceanriders.com.mx

It costs about $50 USD per person, but you can get a cupon on line for a special rate, look for it.

It's a really fun adventure, a must for all trll seekers, don't believe me try it and check out their new web page.

www.oceanriders.com.mx

It costs about $50 USD per person, but you can get a cupon on line for a special rate, look for it.

Thank you for the information! It sounds like great fun. We will definitely add this to our list. Thanks! (Their "English" link on their first page doesn't work but hopefully they will fix that soon)

Hi Roberto,

I posted some questions under your message on the floataway lounge board, there was a link here and it took me there. ( strange place for it) Hopefully you can find it. Have questions about your lovely city! Thanks for all your info.

Thanks & Happy Cruising,

Donna

Hi Roberto,

I posted some questions under your message on the floataway lounge board, there was a link here and it took me there. ( strange place for it) Hopefully you can find it. Have questions about your lovely city! Thanks for all your info.

Thanks & Happy Cruising,

Donna

Already answered..check it out.

Roberto-

Karen should be there in lovely Acapulco in a few days...Do you know if the shop got the new Day of the Dead artwork in?

The artwork is ready and waiting for Karen on Friday, I will see her when the ship arrives and have her pay for it and let you know she already has it.

Thank you! You are awesome, Roberto!

Dear A2T,

Karen already has your kart, she picked it up last night; I got to see them when they arrived, but then I got called away and didn't get a chance to say good bye, although they did leave me a thank you letter.

Hope it arrives in good condition, let me know when it does. If not you have a good excuse to come back, I'll order a new one.....

Hello!!

We made it back with your artwork in one piece. The ladies at the store wrapped it in buble wrap and cardboard.

I'm not sure if I had your address to mail it to- I had ALOT of e-mails and maybe I deleted it. Please e-mail me at karentrom@hotmail.com and let me know where to send it.

Roberto- sorry we didn't get to say good-bye. The Ocean Riders was more fun than we could have imagined!! Jorge also did a great job touring us around the city. My friends Victor and Susan will be in Acapulco next week on the Star and I'll have them find you.

Thanks again for everything:)

Hello!!

We made it back with your artwork in one piece. The ladies at the store wrapped it in buble wrap and cardboard.

I'm not sure if I had your address to mail it to- I had ALOT of e-mails and maybe I deleted it. Please e-mail me at karentrom@hotmail.com and let me know where to send it.

Roberto- sorry we didn't get to say good-bye. The Ocean Riders was more fun than we could have imagined!! Jorge also did a great job touring us around the city. My friends Victor and Susan will be in Acapulco next week on the Star and I'll have them find you.

Thanks again for everything:)

Hi Karen,

I'm glad you had a great time, I saw the people from the store and they gave me the envelope, thanks guys.

I'm sick in my office, I have some kind of stomach flu; the doctor gave me a ton of pills and a very very light diet.

Remember I told you regarding the digital camera, I already bought it and it should arrive next week with a friend that works in the US embassy.

Take care and see you in the near future.

Archived