Cruise was boring

luvtoswim

I see from your posting history that you queried about this back in December of '09. Not sure why you are still asking this question. They have a wide variety of ships, all of which have a myriad of activities and ports to explore. Basically boredom on a Celebrity(or any cruise)cruise is a matter of choice. You are free to have fun or free to be bored. If you need constant stimulation and noise in order to not be bored than avoid the Solstice. There was only one overhead announcement per day and there were plenty of areas on the ship where you could find peace and quiet on sea days. We found the area around the pool deck to be bustling, noisy , filled with kids and adults having a great time. Music was pretty loud as well. The solarium area got busy during sea days but since it is adults only, was certainly quieter. The Solstice Deck with its grass and games and glass show offers a nice change of pace. There were tons of activities offered daily, many options to hear live music at night and of course, a big production show every evening. We had a comedian on board and he did at least 3 late night shows in the smaller theater. He was great-the type of show you might see in a top comedy club in NYC or other large city. If you really want to try Celebrity put together a group of friends and go together and make your own fun! If you need a wave pool and climbing wall you should definitely go elsewhere.

Hi,

I have just returned from the Century (Aug 26 Mediterranean) and had a wonderful holiday.

Though it was a port intensive cruise there was still plenty to do in the evening. The crew couldn't have been better and were only interested in you having a good time. They would do anything you asked if humanly possible.

I found the food at dinner a little disappointing but in no way did this spoil my enjoyment of the cruise.

We are returning to the Century shortly to do the transatlantic crossing and we can't wait.

Ciao

Hazel

The shows don't change that much. For three years in a row on Constellation, the main floor shows were the same; only the participants changed. (We know, because we went to the shows every time :D, even though we knew they would be the same.)

That being said, last fall on Millennium, our least favorite ship, we saw brand new shows whose originators and participants were from Britain. It was great; these young people put on performances that were terrific. I just hope that the boys in the front office will spread those shows throughout the fleet...but given some of the decisions coming from head office, it's doubtful.

Bill

Archived