Ice Tea

Cool Waters

I am an ice tea junkie, unsweet thank you. The tea I believe is luziannie brand tea and I use to despise the taste but now like it. If you drink the water out of your bath tap it does have a strange taste and probable that is where the tea water comes from. (Not the bath):confused:

I usually make an Arnold Palmer (half lemonade and half tea). I agree - the tea by itself has an aftertaste.

I am glad I read this thread, and have a a head's up for when we sail !

I was about to suggest the same thing, mix with some lemonade ! ;)

Another option is to make some hot tea in the Lido, allow it to cool a bit, and just pour it into a glass full of ice.

Voila! Fresh iced tea. :)

That is a great idea! I think I'll bring some instant coffee next time too. The coffee is way too strong, IMO.

When we got off the ship, the first place we stopped, we all got a large sweet iced tea!! LOL!

I am an ice tea junkie, unsweet thank you. The tea I believe is luziannie brand tea and I use to despise the taste but now like it. If you drink the water out of your bath tap it does have a strange taste and probable that is where the tea water comes from. (Not the bath):confused:

You make a good point which reminds me I didn't mention I take the slim 5 cup Brita filter pitcher along and filter the ships' potable water for a cleaner tasting sun tea.

Prior to kind of "brewing" my own, I brought along the Splenda Lemon flavored bottled water packets, used that in the stuff that comes out of the machine ...... that was drinkable.

It's too sweet for me to use in just water, but sure helped that stuff they call iced tea ........ funny thin is the stuff in the dining room is great .......... they must be brewing it back in the galley because it doesn't taste like the Lido deck stuff.

You make a good point which reminds me I didn't mention I take the slim 5 cup Brita filter pitcher along and filter the ships' potable water for a cleaner tasting sun tea.

You could consider bringing a few larger bottles of bottled water, getting some tea bags from the Lido, and brewing your own sun tea in those bottles. The larger bottles have wider openings that will accommodate the tea bags. Throw out the bottles when they are done, and you have more room in your bags for souveniors, LOL! :D

I bring along some Diet Coke and bottled water to drink when I am in my room, and brew my own iced tea in the Lido. I also carry along those little sugar-free lemonade packs to mix into my water when I want something a little sweet (they are only $1 at Dollartree, BTW):

900884.jpg

Prior to kind of "brewing" my own, I brought along the Splenda Lemon flavored bottled water packets, used that in the stuff that comes out of the machine ...... that was drinkable.

I prefer the sugar-free lemonade too. I just love those little packages...so convenient.

It's too sweet for me to use in just water, but sure helped that stuff they call iced tea ........ funny thin is the stuff in the dining room is great .......... they must be brewing it back in the galley because it doesn't taste like the Lido deck stuff.

I have noticed that too. Never had a problem drinking the iced tea in the MDR.

I wonder if the bacon tastes better in the MDR too. I might have to give that a try. :D

Next to the tar ball colored and textured coffee, the Tea is horrific, followed by the tart-tangy-teary-eyed pucker up lemonade; all of course on the Lido. However, the coffee in the MDR for breakfast, and the Tea for lunch and dinner in the MDR is pretty good. I bring those kool-aid, or crystal light packs and pour that in the bottle water that I bring on board and drink that. Also, I bring those Starbucks Via packs for coffee.

I'm not a big fan of either the iced tea or the lemonade. But I drink them because that's all that is available besides water. :rolleyes: I wish they'd bring back the fruit punch. But since that's not happening, they should at least give us apple juice all day. That wasn't too bad. Now, if they have us the guava drink all day, I'd be set! :D

Besides a couple DOD's and some champagne, that's all I drink on a cruise ship (besides ice water at dinner). I don't mind the taste at all. As a diabetic I stay away from the lemonade, juices and hot chocolate and I don't drink coffee. I don't buy the soda cards because I like the ice tea and will drink that over of buying a card for diet coke any day. I'm wondering if the people who like it tend to be more from the Northern/Mid West States and the ones who don't like it tend to be more from the Southern states. To me the tea tastes just like what I get from restaurants around Michigan.

DH loved the lemondade and I loved the tea! I did see a box of Lipton tea bags on a cart, so I assumed that is what the tea was made of.

We also brought a 12pk of pop per person. Definitely worth it!

No, the Lipton tea bags you saw are intended for making a cup of hot tea. Carnival uses a concentrate mixed with water for the iced tea on the lido.

Besides a couple DOD's and some champagne, that's all I drink on a cruise ship (besides ice water at dinner). I don't mind the taste at all. As a diabetic I stay away from the lemonade, juices and hot chocolate and I don't drink coffee. I don't buy the soda cards because I like the ice tea and will drink that over of buying a card for diet coke any day. I'm wondering if the people who like it tend to be more from the Northern/Mid West States and the ones who don't like it tend to be more from the Southern states. To me the tea tastes just like what I get from restaurants around Michigan.

I believe southerners prefer sweet tea , like I heard a man say

one time , not just sweet but it has to be grandma sweet!

No one can make sweet tea like the grandma's

in the south:D

Archived