Ice Tea

Cool Waters

I'm a southerner... and yes, most of my relatives serve very sweat tea and you can get it in restaurants but I've been living closer to the mason-dixon line and have learned to drink unsweatened tea and I now prefer it that way. That said... the tea on the ship is definitely not even to southern unsweetened standards. LOL Tea should be a crystal clear reddish brown color when poured over ice. Not murkey brown.

It's too sweet for me to use in just water, but sure helped that stuff they call iced tea ........ funny thin is the stuff in the dining room is great .......... they must be brewing it back in the galley because it doesn't taste like the Lido deck stuff.

I have noticed that too. Never had a problem drinking the iced tea in the MDR.

I am a big hot and ice tea drinker and avoided ice tea because I did not like the tea on the Lido. Last cruise, a friend mentioned how delicious the ice tea was served in the MDR and she was right! Yum!

K

I like the iced tea in the main dining room and on the lido deck. I like the lemonade too. I'm another fan of mixing tea and lemonade for a nice change of pace.

I like them both also on the ships.

I have never tried mixing them. I will in April on the Liberty:D:D

I like them both also on the ships.

I have never tried mixing them. I will in April on the Liberty:D:D

Since you like the iced tea and lemonade, I'm 90% confident you'll become a fan of them mixed. :)

The Liberty is a pretty and fun ship, you'll have a wonderful time sailing on her! :cool:

I never got a chance to try the Ice Tea in the Dinning Room. I thought it would have been the same....Hmmmm....I'll have to try it. But the one at the buffet....OMG...WOW. It's the kind of drink that after you take a gulp...you take a look at your cup and say "WTH was that"! Now the lemonade...I thought that was pretty good. But that TEA......NO

I don't know if the ice tea issue belongs to a particular ship or not, but I just came off a B2B on the Carnival Pride and the ice tea on Lido deck was great. I'm usually not an Ice Tea drinker but I loved the ice tea, even the dinning room had good ice tea. I hope what ever you experienced is corrected, as I did not experience any issues.

FROM JOHN 'S BLOG ON CCL -

Lisa F Asked:

JOHN PLEASE REPLY

Carnival has a problem with its ice tea because I just sailed on the Miracle and it was not drinkable and made me gag. I want you to see that your passengers are writing on cruise critic about how they agree and what they do to make sure it is something they can enjoy. I suggest you pass this on immediately to the people who decide the recipe for this. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276253&page=2

Lisa

John Says:

Hello Lisa

I know that you only sent me this question a few days ago but please note I have moved this question to the front of the queue because I don’t want to spend the next few weeks answering the same question. It seems the ice tea thing is a big subject on CC and therefore I will certainly bring this to the attention of those in charge and then see what they have to say. So please Lisa let it be known over there that I am aware of the questions about the ice tea and that I promise to look into it for you all.

Best wishes

John

Thanks *LISA* for bringing this to CCL attention !

FROM JOHN 'S BLOG ON CCL -

Lisa F Asked:

JOHN PLEASE REPLY

Carnival has a problem with its ice tea because I just sailed on the Miracle and it was not drinkable and made me gag. I want you to see that your passengers are writing on cruise critic about how they agree and what they do to make sure it is something they can enjoy. I suggest you pass this on immediately to the people who decide the recipe for this. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276253&page=2

Lisa

John Says:

Hello Lisa

I know that you only sent me this question a few days ago but please note I have moved this question to the front of the queue because I don’t want to spend the next few weeks answering the same question. It seems the ice tea thing is a big subject on CC and therefore I will certainly bring this to the attention of those in charge and then see what they have to say. So please Lisa let it be known over there that I am aware of the questions about the ice tea and that I promise to look into it for you all.

Best wishes

John

Thanks *LISA* for bringing this to CCL attention !

LOL, I'm tickled pink that someone used my thread on John's Blog! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :rolleyes:, but I just love it :D

And NO......my name is not LISA....its Shemeka! LOL

Archived