Hop on hop off buses in Dublin--how many are there?

LYNNF

Everytime I do a search for these buses, I come up with different names, different prices and stops. Does anyone have experience with this? Which is the best? Should I buy tickets online or on the bus? I will only be in Dublin one day. Also interested in hop on and hop off in London and Copenhagen. Thank you.

Lynn

You can buy a ticket when you board the bus. I can't remember which bus company we used but it was a double-decker, top floor open, bus... and it was painted shamrock green. Make sure you get the bus that stops at the Guiness Factory. It was the highlight of the tour. Never thought I'd like dark beer but it was wonderful.

Sandy

There are two of them in Dublin..you can get a map of their routes anywhere,but they are basically all the same.Like the other poster said..make sure..if you have the time of course..to stop at the Guinness factory.

In London you can also do the same..there are two or three bus tours,but the Big Red Bus has 3 routes so you really get to see all the sights,and I believe the tickets includes a river cruise.Just pick up a brochure and check out the routes to see which one fits you best.I walke all over Copenhagen,and did not use the bus there so can't help you.It is a very walkable city as is Dublin.You can buy your tickets on the bus BTW.Easier than on line IMHO.Have a great trip.

Here is a webpage with info re: the hop on/off bus tours in Dublin: http://www.visitdublin.com/tours/tours.asp There are two main operators and both are fine. They each run about 15 minutes between buses. 19 of their stops are in virtually the same popular places in Dublin (they have small roadside kiosks which show their routes). One of the two had an extra stop but it was not one of the top tour spots.

Archived