best place to snorkel!

pinkmaija

What's the best place to snorkel in Cancun?? Are there any particular excursions that feature excellent snorkeling? We will be there in January w/RCCL.

Thanks!

there isn't a cruise port there, so are you sure you'll be in Cancun?

If you really will be, there's actually not great snorkeling there. The only place I can think of is off the coast at Club Med. Other than that... folks who stay in Cancun usually snorkel at Akumal, Xcaret, or Xhel-Ha to name a few or venture to the neighbor islands of Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Contoy

• 1 year later...

In Cancun, the three best places to snorkel are Punta Nizuc, Punta Cancun, and Playa Tortugas. The currents at Playa Tortugas can be strong at times, so you should be cautious. There are several places where you can rent snorkeling equipment and even find tours available. The following list is some great places to find out everything you ever wanted to know about snorkeling. Snorkeling in Cozumel from Cancun, their website is http://www.scubacancun.com.mx/ or you can call them at 998-849-7508. Xcaret's website is http://www.xcaret.com/indexxc.php and their telephone number 998-881-24-00.

What's the best place to snorkel in Cancun?? Are there any particular excursions that feature excellent snorkeling? We will be there in January w/RCCL.

Thanks!

Excellent snorkel trail off Isla Mujeres just off Cancun. You can take a catamaran excursion and take the snorkel stop then spend some time on Isla and tour the small island on a golf cart or scooter.

Where are you docking-Cozumel or south of Playa Del Carmen (Calica?)'Not sure you will have enough time to get to Cancun.

I have been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen several times. The best snorkeling is past Playa del carmen in Akumal. There is a snorkeling park Xel-Ha that was mentioned already that is excellent as well. In fact that is something we do almost every time we visit. Xcaret, is not a place i like and I don't think there is any good snorkeling there at all.

Search the internet for whatever destination you go to and price shop. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We went on a snorkeling tour through Waterworld in Cancun. It was amazing! You could spend all day out on the platform if you so prefer... We also went snorkeling with the turtles in Akumal. The turtles are beautiful to watch! It was very exciting for me to be able to snorkel with the turtles! Other than this, I would take a ferry over to Cozumel where the snorkeling is much better (the Money Bar and Chankanaab Park)...

Archived