buffet

scotty1980

what time of day?? at dinner time it will be similar to the dinner menus in the MDR.

There is a carving station at lunch and dinner and a dessert table. Always a SF dessert offered. Iv seen at lunch time they do it by nationality. It could be Italian themed or Greek, or have some good ole baked potatoes with cheese. I go for the salads, and you can make your own.

I just got off the Freedom last week! It is wonderful. It was our first cruise too and I want to go back already!

The buffet food -- where do I begin? Breakfast is anything you usually have for breakfast, including freshly made omelets, hard boiled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, gravey & biscuits (didn't care for them..I wanted to go to the kitchen & teach them!), fried potatoes, fresh fruit, coffee, different juices, muffins, crossants, toast, french toast, grits.. you name it, they had it.

The rest of the buffet time again has pretty much anything you want. We never ate there for dinner.. we always ate in the MDR (ours was Chic Restaurant), but lunch was freshly grilled hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, your comfort foods, mac & cheese, potatoes... delicious salads, Chinese, fruits, roast beef, chicken nuggets, deli wraps, deli sandwiches, pizzas & calzones (available 24 hrs), veggies, ice cream, desserts... I know I've left out many foods but it's just too many to name.

Trust me, you will not go hungry! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

The breakfast buffet will have anything you would normally be able to order at a Denny's.

At lunch and dinner, there is a large salad bar to choose from. There will be 2 or 3 entree's (usually a fish, chicken and vegetarian selection) with 2 or 3 sides to choose from, plus one or two soups and a carving station.

Plus, at the back of the Lido deck, is 24 hour pizza and during the day you can get burgers, hot dogs and such.

There is 24 hour coffee, lemonade and tea on the Lido and there is a deli that is open until 11:30pm and a mongolian wok.

Room service is free (except to tip the delivery person) and there is a nice variety of sandwich, dessert and cold breakfast type items.

The buffet area has either one or two omelet stations (depends on size of ship). They will make you a large omelet to order, you just tell them what you want in it.. but you have to bring your own bacon to put into it.. they only have ham there plus veggies and all that stuff. Just get the bacon from the regular line if you want bacon in yours.

Grand Buffet is no more, I'm afraid, but there's always plenty of food if needed.

I wanted to point out, however, that you should definitely try the Main Dining Room (MDR) at least a few times during your cruise.

Breakfast is really enjoyable, Lunch is available during non-port days, and Dinner is always exceptional, especially on Elegant Nights!

Archived