Longer Itineraries?

elena7seas

Does anyone know why Celebrity doesn't do longer, interesting itineraries such as those done by Holland America?

Also, why does Celebrity have no presence in Asia?

I've been looking wistfully at some longer HAL itineraries lately, but I just want to do them on a Celebrity ship!

What I would really like is a 35 day cruise from Japan to Dubai, with all those wonderful ports in between. :cool:

I would love to know the answer to this as well, and hopefully see the situation change in the near future. I had hoped that with the introduction of the 5 S-class ships, that would free up the C-class and maybe even the M-class to do more exotic itineraries. Lines like HAL and Princess use their older, smaller ships on the more exotic runs, so why not X? However, now that X is selling off the C-class at the first chance they get, that doesn't seem possible. I, too, have a few HAL itineraries I would love to see replicated on Celebrity: the Hawaii/Tahiti RT San Diego, and some of the Grand Voyages especially. At least Century heading over to Australia is a good start. I just hope for more of those types of itineraries in the future!

I agree! We were just looking at the Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific/Hawaii itineraries last night. Add airfare, and those are some expensive vacations. But it's nice to have those options.

One question I had as I checked out dates, was the timing for Celebrity's cruises. They've chosen January, February, and March; the hottest (and most expensive) times to go. Does anyone have an idea why this is? I noted that Radiance sails very similar itineraries during March and April....but they're not Celebrity!:)

Mary

Does anyone know why Celebrity doesn't do longer, interesting itineraries such as those done by Holland America?

Also, why does Celebrity have no presence in Asia?

I've been looking wistfully at some longer HAL itineraries lately, but I just want to do them on a Celebrity ship!

What I would really like is a 35 day cruise from Japan to Dubai, with all those wonderful ports in between. :cool:

Try Azamara which is also owned by RCCL. They are smaller ships though. You can put together a few cruises. They def have Singapore to Athens (through Dubai) next April, but you need to check if the previous cruise includes Japan (they have both North and Southeast Asia).

We're doing Miami to Alaska---B2B2B ----for 30 days. Since two weeks are too short we usually combine a TA with a two week. Free laundry helps alot

Hello, "HLN500."

Can you please elaborate on your last sentence?

Are you saying that, any time people take an "X" ship back-to-back, they get free laundry at the end of the first one?

Or are you saying that this is done only when the second cruise is a Transatlantic?

Or are you saying that you have a special status (due to having cruised so many times in the past) that gives you free laundry EVERY time you cruise now?

PS: Was there a reason that you didn't explain this originally?

Elena, First of all; could you write a short review of your Millie wine cruise upon return. I am on Century B2B P. Canal, then Pacidfic coastal next Spring. I guess to get a decent X cruise one needs to combine them. To me the only shortcoming of X is lack of interesting ports. Never understood it since Most X cruisers are pretty sophisticated, well traveled.I llove the HAL 30 day S.Pacific cruises but hate their food. Just booked Oceania 21N LA-Papeete, Dec.2011.I will postfor a cabinmate on CruiseMates.com/seeking cruise companion in a few days.Take a look at Century to SP, Australia, NZ starting Nov. Great itins, just out.Enjoy your wine cruise!

Archived