Price Drop Question

yj_eugene

Ran into a problem today I haven't had before with a price drop. I've reserved and paid for (it's after the final payment deadline) two cabins, one for my DW and I, and one as a birthday gift for my older brother, on an upcoming cruise. Today there was a price drop on my brother's cabin. I called RCCL, and was denied the price drop since I wasn't my brother, even though the credit card that paid for it was mine. This is the third consecutive year I've taken my brother on a cruise, and never had a problem before with getting price drops on his cabin. However, two weeks ago I was able to pay for an upgrade to his cabin no problem, so they certainly didn't have an issue with me making a change to his booking when it meant me giving them more money. Is this some policy they've just decided to start enforcing in the past two weeks, or are the agents (two different ones, I called twice) just inventing something to try to make me miss the chance to get the price drop before it disappears?

When did you book the cruise? If it was before May 17 you should receive the price drop. If it was on or after May 17, then you will not receive any price drops only a possible upgrade.

The reservation was made in January, so it is grandfathered under the old policy.

The reservation was made in January, so it is grandfathered under the old policy.

Is this cruise a surprise for your brother? Why couldnt he just call them up and request the price drop?

if you are surprising him though, I understand where your coming from. :)

They dont do price drops anymore?

Yes, price drops will still be available as before from the time you book up to final payment date but not after final payment date....after final payment you will only have the option to possibly upgrade.

My response was to the original posted question since he stated he was past final payment date and was attempting to obtain a price drop.

I book cruises for friends in England all the time, if I want ot make a change to their reservation, all the RCI asks for is the last 4 digits of the credit card number used for payment, as long as I have this they let me change the reservation.

Archived