Smart Phone Applications

dwillis43

ship mate.

I know they have one for Royal Caribbean. They may have them for other lines.

They have each ship listed with deck plans, sailing dates, excursion info, etc.

It's free also.

There is also a ship mate for Celebrity, Carnival, Princess, and NCL that i have and use. Great app for looking at deck plans and itineraries

Tripit is really handy if you travel a bit. You setup an account at the tripit website. Then whenever you get an email confirmation of flights, accommodation etc, you just forward the email to a tripit email address. With the tripit application on your smartphone you then have all the flight, accommodation etc details on your phone. Tripit adds in maps of your destinations (only if you want them). I occasionally get some travel details that the tripit system can't make sense of, so I have to go to the tripit website and enter the details manually. I'm a big fan. I have it on my blackberry and my iPad.

Just to clarify a bit more on the tripit app, the account that you set up is free. And as you add more travel details for your trip, it puts them into chronological order (based on when that travel section happens within your trip).

I know it's not a specific cruise app, and also a lot of people will already be familiar with it. But for those who haven't come across it before, it's very handy.

Just to clarify a bit more on the tripit app, the account that you set up is free. And as you add more travel details for your trip, it puts them into chronological order (based on when that travel section happens within your trip).

I know it's not a specific cruise app, and also a lot of people will already be familiar with it. But for those who haven't come across it before, it's very handy.

I agree, Tripit is very handy! Love how it consolidates all your various res's for a particular trip, automatically lists trips chronologically, etc. And for those who travel a LOT, you can add contacts, and if you have a trip planned, and tripit sees that one of your contacts has a trip planned to the same city around the same time, it will notify you.

The Royal app. is geared towards cruisers in the UK, although it has all the cruises listed. The sailing dates are also off by one or two days, which would be a problem, so I deleted it.

The "news" that pops up when you first open the app does indeed list deals for UK customers only. But if you go to the "book" section it gives the option of choosing either the US website or the UK website. I clicked US website and the cruise dates looked correct to me.

It also allows you to see the deck plans and ship descriptions for all the ships.

Thanks. This one sounds great. Is the regular (free) one good enough or do you use the "Pro" with the fee?

Just got my I-Phone today and was wondering what cruise applications you have found that is useful. I admit I am addicted to anything cruise related, I am sure some of you have found some great apps, please share.

icruisecal

Archived