Celebrity cruise deals...help w/ booking honeymoon in 05!

tofubeast

As I am sure you all can understand, planning a wedding is not cheap! My fiance and I would like to have a nice honeymoon, but we are still up in the air and on a budget of course. We went on the Century last May in the W. Carib. and had a blast!! We definately want to stick with Celebrity for our honeymoon if we can.

Our wedding is in May 2005..next year. What is your advice as to getting great deals on Celebrity. Any booking site you can recommend? When we booked Century, we got a good deal because we went with an online agent that had booked a block of cabins and were selling them. As many of you have mentioned on here, I would like to be able to book a room, and if the rate goes down, have it matched to that rate.

We are interested in sailing either in Alaska or the Mediterranean (greek isles). My parents on going on the Galaxy out of Rome this summer and got a great deal. However, I know we would have to book the flights early because of using airline miles, so I would probably not be able to take advantage of last minute deals. And that would stress me out since it is a honeymoon! When is a good time to book for these cruises? Are there Celebrity ships in the Mediterranean come the 3rd/4th week of May?

Any advice on booking deals, what cruise is better (Alaska..Med) etc.. would be great. I don't want to break the bank, but also want to still have a memorable honeymoon! THANKS in ADVANCE. You guys are always so helpful on here!! icon_smile.gif

thumb18594.gif

Century 5/24/03

Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02

Chandris Victoria Summer 1984

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till I cruise for my honeymoon!!

I know that people are now booking Alaskan cruises for May of 2005. We are interested in Alaska so I haven't looked at Europe. They show these cruises on the Celebrity web site.

www.celebrity.com

I have gone on-line to the discount cruise web sites and have not found cruises for 2005 displayed yet. So I can't help you there.

I know what it is like to plan a wedding. My daughter was married last year in July. Good luck to you!!!

Have done Alaska and the Mediterranean but think the Mediterranean is much more romantic albeit more costly. Love the Galaxy but like the Millennium's itinerary more because it does Venice, one of the most romantic cities in the world....and Santorini.

I did Millennium last May and we got a terrific deal but that was mostly because of Iraq and people still hesitant to go to Europe at the time. Prices for Europe 05 are supposed to be out toward the end of this month or early May. Maybe set up a honeymoon budget and see what you can grab when prices come out. Be sure to ask agencies what their policy is about price reductions. Mine monitors prices and lowers automatically, but many rely on you to do the watching.

One last thing...what about Tahiti and Princess?

Can anyone recommend any good online or national travel agents that will lower prces for you as cabins go down in price etc...? thanks!

Century 5/24/03

Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02

Chandris Victoria Summer 1984

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till I cruise for my honeymoon!!

Tofubeast,

Please don't get mad at me. I probably sound like a parent and you will have to deal with that.

Plan a party atmosphere cruise for your honeymoon. Minimize your worries about travel to a port city to catch an Alaskan or a Mediterrian cruise. Go to Baltimore, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami or Tampa and take an eastern Caribbean cruise.

HAVE FUN, MON!

Visit all of the bars in each port and let everyone you meet know you are newlyweds. Make sure you have a designated reboarder who will make sure you get back to the ship before it sails. Go to every sailaway party at the pool.

A honeymoon is something special. It is the only time in your married life where there shouldn't be any problems, crying babies, etc. etc. etc. Do something that doesn't take a lot of thought or a lot of planning. You will be busy enough with all of the wedding planning activities. Let the honeymoon be a payback for all of your hard work.

My $0.02 worth.

Les

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

My two cents is for the Tahitian Princess (no flames please!) The French Polynesian islands are THE most romantic on the planet. It's where I'm going back on my honeymoon....one day. icon_wink.gif There is absolutely nothing like the blue waters of Bora Bora, Moorea, etc!

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Archived