Maître d'

Man of Many Hats

This is just curiosity on my part too, I have been on ships with 2 DR and 1 MD and he split his time between the rooms. I have no ideas of the names of any of the MD's on the cruises we've taken but then also I have no idea of the name of any of the CD's either but I notice a some posters choose their cruise depending on who the CD is. I was just wondering if the same is true of the MD's.

I think it's a good question. If I was planning a cruise and had the opportunity to choose from two similiar sailings, the Maitre D' could come into the decision process.

For instance, my family happens to be big fans of Joseph, the Supercharged Maitre D'. If my choice of cruises involved him being in the MDR, I'd probably sail on that ship.

The last time we sailed Inspiration, we were in George the Greek's MDR, but we made a trip over to the other MDR to say Hi to Joseph and chat for a few minutes. He is a great person chat with and even though he wouldn't recognize us from any other passenger he's ever dealt with, we really like the guy and that adds to the cruise experience.

This is just curiosity on my part too, I have been on ships with 2 DR and 1 MD and he split his time between the rooms. I have no ideas of the names of any of the MD's on the cruises we've taken but then also I have no idea of the name of any of the CD's either but I notice a some posters choose their cruise depending on who the CD is. I was just wondering if the same is true of the MD's.

Then so why the original post to begin with?

Howard

Curiosity of what? A list of names? Which you readily admit you don't know any of the MaitreD's, names, or anything else, but you're curious if such a list is posted/available?

Have I got all of that right?

You think there's going to be a question at one of the trivia activities maybe asking about it?

Go post the question on John Heald's blog if you're so curious.

Howard

After reading others experiences in the past I have also wondered who the MD would be so I understand the OP's question.

What I don't understand is why others find the need to trash the OP for a simple question... If you don't have anything positive to add to the thread just pass on by to something that you do have interest in... Building Post counts be accomplished there.

My Mamma always told me if I don't have something nice to say, Don't say Nothing at all. :D

I could careless about any MD on any ship i have been on so far and in fact create my own experience's and goodtimes with friends so could care about the CD either. I am a heavy tipper and yet have never felt the need to tip the MD. Never could remember any of their names!

Agreed.

Must be that same Jersey mentality both of us have.

Howard

Archived