Has anyone actually gotten a good deal by booking last minute, or second??

Rachy817

Hi all!

We have a friend who is interested in cruising with us (in a separate cabin) next month on the Pride out of Baltimore. He will be cruising solo so he already expects to pay more then the average cruiser.

My question is, Do they actually drop the price say a week or two before the ships sails? Or the day are two before? And if so, how much could we expect the price will drop?

You would think they would want to sell every cabin they have available so a price cut would be better then the cabin sailing empty right? What kind of luck has everyone had with this? If any?!

Thanks!

If he is that picky and wants ONLY to book your cruise, isnt at all flexible, his chances are very very slim.

The very very very last minute deals are usually if a hurricane delays a ship leaving or similar disaster.

I would be watching the last 2 weeks, usually if there is a drop its between 8 and 9 days out while they are upselling.

We had very good luck with a last minute trip!

The particular cruise was not even close to being sold out, many cabins were available for awhile prior to sailing.

We were not picky at all, it was a short cruise and we did not care about where we were and we only wanted the cheapest GTY inside cabin.

We booked about two weeks before sailing. I put it on the site that I can't mention as a "competition" for pricing from the TA's and we even got an onboard credit from the TA not offered by the cruise ship if I booked directly through them. I typically always use a direct booking.

We did a four night for $179, got upgraded to a nice oceanview and had a $50 OBC... it was a great deal and we had a great time. We laughed cause our airfare was more expensive than the cruise.

Good luck!

Jan

Thank you everyone for your info! Has anyone else actually had experience with this?

I booked many last minute great deals .. I was very flexible and able to jump on a cruise.

Flu cruise, 3 days before, $289 7 days on Conquest

3 day Ecstasy cruise to nowhere, the morning of the cruise, got on as a solo for $269

.... but all these great last minute deals were because there was a disaster, like the flu cruise, when ships stopped going to Mexico, there were lots of cancellations. People got on Splendor for $99 I heard for 7 days to Canada.

Booked last May $389 pp for Triumph 7 day Exotic Western. booked 8 days out.

There are many on here who book last minute deals all the time, but the key is to be flexible as to date and ship.

Archived