Is anyone else upset by bad reviews for the EPIC?

Davechipp74

I just have to say that I just returned yesterday from the Epic and the Eastern Caribbean cruise and HANDS DOWN it was the BEST cruise I've EVER been on in EVERY way.

I read all the reviews before going, but I wasn't really worried. I feel that a cruise is what you make of it and if one bad little thing happens to you, some people let it spoil the entire cruise and complain about every thing after that. However, there was nothing bad I could say about this ship.

The staff was AMAZING. I can not believe how many times they cleaned our room. I've never been on a cruise that every time I left the room, I came back to a spotless room. I believe our steward cleaned it at least 4-5 times a day.

Everyone around the ship is very hard working to keep the ship as clean as possible. As soon as someone left from eating or leaving a drink cup laying around, someone was there to swoop it up and carry it away. I think they hired hawks for this boat because they could spot a dirty dish or glass a mile away and were like vultures going after every little thing laying around to keep this ship clean. It was amazing.

The staff was simply amazing with the food service and you couldn't walk by any of them without them greeting you. They are all extremely friendly!

The ONLY aggravating thing I could find about the ship was being up at the pool and every staff walked by you asking if you wanted a drink. It was non stop. But it was a quick hand gesture want a drink type of thing or they would ask and you could shake your head no or reply and they would hurry away.

After about 100 cruises it was a joy to cruise the Epic and experience some things a little different. It is the only ship I have ever sailed on that has something for everyone [our ages range from 7 to 84]. Yes, we were in the Courtyard area and that was superb in terms of suites and service but we enjoyed the whole ship, the food, the entertainment and the service. View the Epic for what it is -- the opportunity to experience some new things at sea. I have already booked another cruise on her. My only complaint is that the prices to sail her are still high so there must be many others who agree with me. Have an Epic cruise!

That totally depends on what you are calling complaining. Of course no one should keep their mouths shut when things go really wrong, but too many seem to think every little inconvenience to them needs to be reported. I think the food issue is a perfect one: Most of us know not every meal is going to be perfect, we usually have one or two things that are either not to our liking or plain bad. I remember the days of Lamb kabobs (some of you probably do as well) awful, but this didn't mean all the food on the ship was enidible as some would report. This goes with excursions, cabin stewards, etc.

Things like a cabin not being designed exactly the way one might like shoould not be something to affect the overall cruise experience. Notice the word "overall"?

We all need to take everything in stride and stop being so demanding. You do not have to agree, but that is my opinion.

And yes, I have complained, I did to the hotel manager on the Spirit and I have written a couple of letters to the President, but overall I still feel our cruises have been far more positive than negative. The worst cruise we had certainly wasn't bad. (it wasn't NCL I will mention)

Nita

Nita I agree that people look at the word "complain" and have different interpretations. In most reviews people MENTION the sink; I know I did. It can be improved by either lowering the pressure or getting a larger bowl. Did it lower my cruise experience? No. Did I complain about it to NCL? No, in fact I merely mentioned it here in order to prepare others.

I wholeheartly agree with the highlighted statement. BTW MY worse cruise wasn't on NCL either.

I just have to say that I just returned yesterday from the Epic and the Eastern Caribbean cruise and HANDS DOWN it was the BEST cruise I've EVER been on in EVERY way.

I read all the reviews before going, but I wasn't really worried. I feel that a cruise is what you make of it and if one bad little thing happens to you, some people let it spoil the entire cruise and complain about every thing after that. However, there was nothing bad I could say about this ship.

The staff was AMAZING. I can not believe how many times they cleaned our room. I've never been on a cruise that every time I left the room, I came back to a spotless room. I believe our steward cleaned it at least 4-5 times a day.

Everyone around the ship is very hard working to keep the ship as clean as possible. As soon as someone left from eating or leaving a drink cup laying around, someone was there to swoop it up and carry it away. I think they hired hawks for this boat because they could spot a dirty dish or glass a mile away and were like vultures going after every little thing laying around to keep this ship clean. It was amazing.

The staff was simply amazing with the food service and you couldn't walk by any of them without them greeting you. They are all extremely friendly!

The ONLY aggravating thing I could find about the ship was being up at the pool and every staff walked by you asking if you wanted a drink. It was non stop. But it was a quick hand gesture want a drink type of thing or they would ask and you could shake your head no or reply and they would hurry away.

Wouldn't it be great if they used those little red/green cards from Moderno on the pool side chairs.? Red is stop for drinks, Green is go!!:p

Wouldn't it be great if they used those little red/green cards from Moderno on the pool side chairs.? Red is stop for drinks, Green is go!!:p

great idea, only problem you would a bunch of smart asses that would switch them around while you were reading, in the pool whatever!!!

Nita LOL

HAHA!

Anyone remember the great "Drink Flag" experiment???

I remember reading where some ship was testing out a drink ordering system whereby you would raise a flag that was attached to the top of your chair if you wanted a server to come and take your order.

I'm suggesting they install wireless remote doorbells instead! For $20 here is your remote -- ring us when you want a drink! :D

Glad you had a great trip...there was lots of talk about you on the boards hoping you were having a good time while you were gone....get working on a review!!!!!

Glad you had a great trip...there was lots of talk about you on the boards hoping you were having a good time while you were gone....get working on a review!!!!!

I've been spending a lot of time trying to get all my pictures done....whew! :p I was up until 3am last night get some done and have been working on them all day today so I can get ready to post them. I can't wait to share them with everyone.

I'll be writing up a review as soon as I get the pictures done. Hopefully it will be soon. School starts up Thursday and I'm trying to prepare for that as well. Busy busy week for me. :D

Well,,, this ole gal and DH are anxiously awaiting our cruise..10/9....18 days!!! we are NCL fans and it doesnt really matter what the so called 'experts' are saying about this ship.. its all in what ya make of it....and we are going to have a WONDERFUL time!

One thing people need to realize is many of the negative review(er)s can be chronic complainers who will rattle every cage possible to try and get a buck out of their cruise line of choice.

you can hang someone with a "brand new rope",and they will still bitch ;)

One thing people need to realize is many of the negative review(er)s can be chronic complainers who will rattle every cage possible to try and get a buck out of their cruise line of choice.

And then there are those folks here (Like maybe... well, you know who) that will bash anyone that has a opinion different than her. Maybe some people are getting perks from thier favorite line for posting positive remarks over and over and over and over.... say in excess of 22,495 times.

This really has more to to with the topic not Epic. For many years I would not go on an NCL cruise because of what I read and to be honest most of it was negative. Then I saw two TV programs on the NCL pearl and thought this does not look bad at all so we decided to take a chance we figured what would be the worse thing that could happen and that was NCL was not our type of cruise...Well I have to tell you it was one of the best cruises we ever taken hands down. We had a blast and I wrote my review saying that. I would take another NCL cruise.

Just goes to show you cannot believe eveything you read all though I do use these boards to get an overall feel and try to get a balance..

This really has more to to with the topic not Epic. For many years I would not go on an NCL cruise because of what I read and to be honest most of it was negative. Then I saw two TV programs on the NCL pearl and thought this does not look bad at all so we decided to take a chance we figured what would be the worse thing that could happen and that was NCL was not our type of cruise...Well I have to tell you it was one of the best cruises we ever taken hands down. We had a blast and I wrote my review saying that. I would take another NCL cruise.

Just goes to show you cannot believe eveything you read all though I do use these boards to get an overall feel and try to get a balance..

I think most of us like to read what others are saying, as long as we take everything with a grain of salt. We cruised the Pearl last spring. Our foster daughter and her partner had never cruised before and had mixed feelings about doing it period. Well, they said it was the best vacation they had ever been on. they loved it so much we are all booked on the Spirit for Feb. Of course nothing is perfect, with the introduction of Freesyle we gained a lot as cruisers and lost a little. With the cutbacks in food, we all miss some of what we were used to, but the prices for cruising make up for it. Overall I think NCL offers a great product for the money.

Archived