Manzanillo resort for the day

Majesty Fan

CupKayke, would you consider starting a new thread exclusively about Miramar beach? This sounds like something we would like to do our day in Manzanillo. Would be interested to hear anything and everything other cruisers had to say.

How far is the beach from the ship's pier? Think we will stick to taxis, although the bus does sound like a fun adventure.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1468214

Good idea! I started a Miramar Beach thread and I'm off to find info about how far it exactly is ~ I've found a bit of conflicting info. Maybe someone in the know will jump-in and help with the thread... we leave for vacation in 25 days so I will definitely have all the info soon!! :)

We escape snowy Wisconsin for our home in Manzanillo every winter, we love it so much that we gave up cruising for it. However, I do like to go to the port and look at the ships!

We live in Club Santiago which is located on Playa Miramar, in my opinion, the best place to spend a port day.

Here is a link to the video that we use for renters:

http://www.soundsreal.com/randysvoice/elcastilloblanco/

(That's my husband doing the narration). If you don't want to watch the whole thing, click to picture 11 for a few shots of the beach, otherwise I have LOTS more pictures. I did post my tour recommendation on the other thread, let me know if you would like more info.

If you will be in Manzanillo Nov-March and are going to Playa Miramar, we would be happy to have you over for a cold beverage and a stroll around Club Santiago. We also have a boogie board and snorkel equipment if you need some toys. (and, no, we won't charge for them!)

Karen,

Thanks for the information. Thats an excellent video and fantastic narration. Wish we were going to be in port during November instead of October. With such accomodations and the terrific location, I can understand why one might cruise less or give it up completely.

Have a great day and a super next vacation.

Chazz

Archived